Home Made Kitchen Floor Cleaner

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Scrambled
Lively Laner

Home Made Kitchen Floor Cleaner

Post by Scrambled »

I've been using household stuff to do our cleaning (bicarb, vinegar, washing up liquid, water...elbow grease etc :-D ) for a while now with brilliant results.

The only thing I'd like to be able to do is get a bit of a shine on the floor tiles in the kitchen, preferably without any potentially lethal slippiness - just wondering if anyone has any tips? At the moment I use a mix of washing up liquid, bicarb and white vinegar mixed with my bucket of warm water >stir< It gets the floor lovely and clean, but just a bit dull looking - I don't think it's a residue?

Any thoughts?
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Re: Home Made Kitchen Floor Cleaner

Post by Mercedes »

Our kitchen floor is pretty dull too and I'd prefer it if it were shiny, so hopefully someone might have some good tips. Years ago I used to buy some stuff from the supermarket to put on the floor but apart from it having chemicals in it after awhile you would get a build up of product on the floor.

I also only use natural stuff when cleaning my floor as I bought one of those Vax Steam Mops and I have to say it's made cleaning floors a breeze and I've been able to ditch my horrible mop and bucket )t'
Lyn

Re: Home Made Kitchen Floor Cleaner

Post by Scrambled »

Hi Mercedes )wav(

I've had a look round on the web and the only suggestions seem to be a final wash of a mix of vinegar and water, after using whatever mix is preferred to do the clean. I'll give it a go, but steam cleaners are also getting the thumbs up from people.

And there are several comments regarding the fact that not all tiles are meant to be shiny - true, I suppose, but I would like a little bit of sparkle :-D I'll let you know if the vinegar/water 'rinse' works...