Pasture fed vs intensively reared, please look

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
kitla
Legendary Laner

Pasture fed vs intensively reared, please look

Post by kitla »

I was pointed to this site and I'm so pleased, it reaffirms everything I feel in my heart
despite all the statistics we're fed by the media
http://www.pfla.org.uk/why-pasture/past ... standards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The old ways really are the best - for us, for the animals, for the land, for the whole
world! I'm so pleased I found this, I for one will be looking for the "Pastoral" labels
Here is another article which explains further why pasture fed beef is better
for us than intensively reared chicken

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... nvironment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are very vunerable to propaganda! An article in a science based magazine, a survey
by a US corporation, A TV programme telling us that we'll live longer if we eat chicken instead of beef. The meat industry is a huge cartel (so I was informed by someone who
dealt with the industry for many years) Maybe I'm being cynical but I cant help
wondering who is behind the "information" we are fed.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Pasture fed vs intensively reared, please look

Post by Mo »

Sounds like old fashioned 'mixed farming' and meat in moderation is the way to go.

I did have to laugh though, at reading in your first link
However, this kind of high-performance diet can put great pressure on an animal’s body, and they often have a shorter lifespan than those fed more naturally.
I don't think meat animals ever live out their natural lifespan - do they mean that, with a high performance diet, they are ready to be eaten sooner?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
manda

Post by manda »

Personally I don't care who writes what about the meat I eat ...I know where I would prefer my cattle and sheep to be and what I would prefer them to be eating...what nature intended...end of.
You will get arguments for and against depending who's agenda they are trying to meet....I have (what I believe is) a healthy cynicism for many years of anything I read from the media and "studies" produced by....

I do believe that if you can buy meat cheaply then the chances are it isn't going to be particularly good for you because anything that has been grown in a shorter space of time than nature intended - particularly if the nutrition is attributed to it - has got to have something bad going for it...it only stands to reason.

Large commercial food producers are no less corrupt /"Cartel like" than any other large group..it's all about profit...money....and we all know that can change people's view of things
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
wendy

Post by wendy »

)like( Manda.
I have just signed up for Ahimsa Milk from the Hari Krishna locally.
It has taken a while, to get on their delivery list, because milk supplies go low.
These cows and bulls are allowed to live out their natural lives . Better for them and makes me feel better as well.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning