stop recycling, we have got enough !

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Pyrotech
Learner Laner

Re: stop recycling, we have got enough !

Post by Pyrotech »

Totally Scrambled, Compost toilets are becoming quite the thing you know, Japans whole agriculture used to run on "night soil", love the pun. (So did ours, but the history books leave it out )j; )

Grey water flushing toilets quite common, if you have space, reed bed water recycling... HRH PW has it a Highgrove

Remeber, what they say " What Oxford drinks to day London drinks tomorrow" Which is okay by me as I'm up stream of Oxford )de:
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Maggie1 wrote:My son used to take the balls out of roll on deodorant and paint funny faces on them and use them for canes to stop you poking your eye out. I've also used denture tablet containers and the yogplat drinking containers.

Maggie1, I just discovered, last week, that taking the balls out of deodorant bottles gives you perfect size containers then, for air travel. You know how you are limited to the size of your toiletry items if it's carry on, and we have decided to start taking only what fits in our backpacks when we go to France. The deodorant bottles (with the roller balls removed) are perfect for that.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

I was a die-hard recycler for years, but for the past several months I have tried to bring home as little packaging as possible and am only recycling aluminum soda cans and glass bottles. I take them to the local grocery store who donates the money from them to the local schools' athletic programs, which are always needing funds. My grandsons all benefit from the athletic programs, so I am trying to provide a little assistance.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Americanlady wrote:I was a die-hard recycler for years, but for the past several months I have tried to bring home as little packaging as possible and am only recycling aluminum soda cans and glass bottles. I take them to the local grocery store who donates the money from them to the local schools' athletic programs, which are always needing funds. My grandsons all benefit from the athletic programs, so I am trying to provide a little assistance.

I think this is a great thing to do~
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I wonder how true the original post is today; after all it was three and a half years ago that it was started. I would like to think that we are utilising our recycling stuff more today, it would certainly be very true for any metals that get recycled because it is just too valuable to not reuse.
Bah Humbug
Oheckitseck

Post by Oheckitseck »

Hi Spoony
Hope you are well
Do you think that DTL could raise some cash from recycling the female mods once they turn 50 ?? Just think they could be replaced by younger ,fitter models to keep them in line with the male mods >stir<

Eck
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

saint-spoon wrote:I wonder how true the original post is today; after all it was three and a half years ago that it was started. I would like to think that we are utilising our recycling stuff more today, it would certainly be very true for any metals that get recycled because it is just too valuable to not reuse.

I'm not sure, SS. >coc< I thought it was this thread but it must have been another where someone was saying she saw all the different bins being dumped into the truck, together. Well, just 2 weeks ago, I saw the same thing! The green bin and the misc. bin were dumped together into the truck. Are they suppose to be doing that? Possibly the metals are being recycled, but I would love to know the statistics and facts on all this.