Packaging gone mad

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Packaging gone mad

Post by Meanqueen »

I fancied a packet of crisps )eat( when I was out yesterday, haven't had any for several months. I popped in a large supermarket and looked for a medium size bag for about 50p, small bags are not big enough for me, I need two to fill me up.

Medium size bags were between 90p and £1.25, I didn't want to pay that. I saw a Value multipack, 12 small bags for 42p. I was reluctant to buy them because of all that packaging, but I did. I ate nine bags of crisps straight off at 18grm's each, what a pig. :shock:

Isn't it stupid that I couldn't get one bag of crisps for 42p. What I should have done was empty all the small bags into the big bag and hand all the rubbish back to the lad on the till, but I was too much of a coward. Bye the way, the crisps were as good as the well known brand.

Ilona
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

Ilonawas they all different flavours?, if so theres your answer
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

What's the weight in comparison to a potato ?

I remember some TV show, must have been 30 years ago. They asked this chap if he could eat two potatoes, he said yes, so they got him to sit down and eat about 30 - 40 packets of Crisps.

He did, but I forget the exact amount.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Ilona - 9 bags of crisps :shock: I only ever can eat one at a time - 25g out a multi-pack

My gripe is why don't they sell those huge packs of 24 just plain at the same price they sell them in all the flavours? I only like plain :?
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I used to have a microwave crisp maker which was a circle with slice shaped holes in it (a bit like a slide viewer).

Don't know if it worked as I never got round to using it :shock: But would imagine that crisps made that way would be very cheap?

Mind you, 9 bags Ilona!!! That must be nearly a whole potato! confused>
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Crisps, umm, In the evening I ask my OH what flavour he would like and like me he only likes plain. Sad thing is we never eat them because they are too fattening. Lucky you Iona, eat them while you can. Agree about the packaging, supermarket packaging is about all that goes in my bin.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

p.penn wrote:I used to have a microwave crisp maker which was a circle with slice shaped holes in it (a bit like a slide viewer).

Don't know if it worked as I never got round to using it :shock: But would imagine that crisps made that way would be very cheap?

Mind you, 9 bags Ilona!!! That must be nearly a whole potato! confused>

I used mine a lot when i was on the Slimming World diet, they aren't exactly Walkers, but eaten warm with a sprinkle of salt they certainly 'scratch an itch'!
Ninja1
Lively Laner

Post by Ninja1 »

Pescies do a large (12 pack) of plain crisps own brand about 48p at the moment, I don't eat them but OH does and takes some to work w ith his luch.
The crispmaker sounds :) good, I'm going to google that.
Ninja