Free electricity, not from this store!

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Free electricity, not from this store!

Post by Meanqueen »

It's not a simple case of put a wind turbine on your roof and collect free electricity, as Beeeee n Quuuuuu have discovered.

big store dumps their wind turbines

They didn't, 'Do It' with this one.
Ilona
juicylucy
Longlasting Laner

Post by juicylucy »

Interesting......
My housing association were going to give me one of these....made by the same company who make the B&Q ones....they paid to get planning permission and all of my neighbours were very excited about it all.
This was 3 years ago :shock:
All my housing association would tell me is that the company needed to do a software upgrade on the turbines and then after all the publicity decided that i wouldnt be getting one after all.
Good job really because they are total c%*p!
1 gorgeous boxer dog, 2 oap cats, 1 black star and 10 ex battery girls
http://www.henrehomers.net/
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Isn't it a shame it doesn't work properly though as on paper it sounds like such a good idea. confused>
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Our tes & co have erected three wind turbines on their carpark, albeit a more robust version than the ones the diy shop next door attempted to flog to Jo Public. I wonder if they actually do work, or if it is just a, 'Look at us aren't we green,' excercise.

Ilona
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I would imagine that the initial idea was purely to show off how green their credentials are although the electricity produced may go some way to offsetting that which is daily gobbled up by their rows of open fronted refrigerators.
Bah Humbug
elljay
Lively Laner

Post by elljay »

Does anyone know if they're selling them off cheaply? The article says they will only work if you live on top of a hill with no obstructions and constant wind and no other houses around. Which is definitely me. I'd love to try one but certainly couldn't afford it.

I've tried searching for wind turbines on the website and it comes up with packets of marigolds and bottle traps! Ummmm...

Liz