Anyone interested in Permaculture

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Evie
Lively Laner

Anyone interested in Permaculture

Post by Evie »

There is a programme on BBC2 tonight ( Sunday) at 8pm all about Permaculture. Watched it on friday and it was very interesting, going to watch it again tonight. Anyone without TV can download it.
I didnt really understand it before but it all makes sense now.

Evie
Evie
Lively Laner

Post by Evie »

Sorry just found out it was repeated on BBC WALES at 17.00 today .
I had been looking forward to watching it again so will now watch it online.
It is called " a farm for the future"

Evie
taff
Longlasting Laner

Post by taff »

Was that the one with the woman who was a farmers daughter?
If it was, i saw it, was very interesting, is it the same thing as Forest gardening?
to err is human..to moo, bovine...
Evie
Lively Laner

Post by Evie »

Yes Taff it was the one. I looked up forest gardens online and found lots of interesting stuff.

Evie
RoomandKitchen
Lively Laner

Post by RoomandKitchen »

This is something I have been interested in for a while although I practice in an urban context !!

Its very interesting and covers all aspects of lifestlyle it can be adapted to any context (it origanlly came from forest gardening)

My take on it is making the most of my environment, trying to meet my needs from what is available (without using up any further natural resources) - not for the purists but works for me

If you search on the net you will come up with lots of good stuff.
Orfy
Legendary Laner

Post by Orfy »

Yes I keep hearing about it.
I've not researched it because it seems to be more of an eco system for large area. It's not really something that can be done on a small scale.
Allotment http://taylorsplot.blogspot.com/
Orfy Blog (Food'n'Stuff) http://orfy.blogspot.com/
1xMaran 1xRIR 6xWarrens 2xMuts
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have just watched the programme on iplayer, very very interesting, and frightening, to think how farming is going to have to change because we are going to run out of food if it doesn't. I think every person in Britain should be made to watch this film.

A Farm For the Future

Ilona
(f+
Evie
Lively Laner

Post by Evie »

I couldnt agree more Ilona, the film really gets you thinking and questioning our own futures and especially those of our children. It really is the time to wake up and take notice. I have seen this coming for years. Theres too much Greed .
Orfy they reckon permaculture can be done on a small scale. Something as small as your own garden. There are hundreds of web sites on the subject. The people featured on the programme have their own sites explaining it all very well.

Evie