There's nothing I can do.

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
RoomandKitchen
Lively Laner

Re: There's nothing I can do.

Post by RoomandKitchen »

Babycakes wrote:Not only am I allowed to vote, I have a driving licence too!!

LOL

Seriously though I always vote as I feel it is a privilidge many people are denied, lucky as well as there is always a wide range of choices here in Glasgow :-D
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Yiu should try voting here - a wide range of bigotry and prejudice to choose from )de:
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Stig
Lively Laner

Post by Stig »

Tee hee, excellent Babycakes!
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

good points all around and very difficult to pick one thieving politician form the next regardless of party allegiance. I would ask the younger voters amongst our community to read the small print before they decide which box to tick. I have today pointed out, to a colleague, the downside of a party with a national-ist pedigree. After all, those sort of parties never show their true colours until it’s too late. I’m actually a bit despondent at the mo but it’s a natural reaction against the political classes. I’m off to sea soon so I’ll let Mrs S-S decide.
Bah Humbug
taff
Longlasting Laner

Post by taff »

all politicians are as bad as each other, they may well start off with the best of intentions but it's scratch my back or I'll publish pictures of your infidelities or make public your heritage or something else, because politicians can't be normal people whose lives sometimes go wrong, they have to be whiter than white otherwise the newpsapers wouldn't have half so good a time of publishing all the iniquities, for which we'll castigate them because we're told they're bad by the newspapers, but we still won't vote all the time because all politicians are as bad as each other....

don't mind me, I'm rambling...
to err is human..to moo, bovine...
kew4612
Lively Laner

Post by kew4612 »

Our local paper took to the streets with pictures of the 2 MEP candidates for our area, not a single person interviewed knew who these people were when shown their photographs.

How can you vote for people that are supposed to represent you when you are not aware of their objectives or policies let alone not know who they are from adam.

Same goes for the local Council elections all we get is a flyer stuffed through the door ,no surgery's or doorstep campaigns to ask questions of them, it is so differcult to make a informed selection when these people are complete strangers.