More little girls looking for homes?

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
melons
Legendary Laner

More little girls looking for homes?

Post by melons »

Hi everyone,
Me again, Linda has just sent me a text message about her next rescue, it is on Monday the 3rd of December, so if anyone would like some beautiful ladies again, can you please send me a PM marked in capitals with "BATTERY HENS" on it.
Then I'll get in touch ASAP with my works direct e-mail address, I check it regulary over the weekend too, sorry to be paranoid, but would rather it wasn't plastered all over the net, I receive plenty of offers already to enlarge various portions of my anatomy via spam :oops:
Thanks.
Cheers
mel x

wendy

Post by wendy »

You too,how do they get our e mail addy's ??
Sorry can't help this time. Run out of children who want hens, or at least I think I have. I will ask again. Good luck with them, I would love some more, but no room now.
You are doing a grand job. Ask on the rechargers forum, Eirlys has lost a lot lately. She may take some more.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Thank you Wendy that has answered my PM, so just ignore that one )t'
Cheers
mel x
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Shouldn't tempt fate really, as I've got to book my hens yet........
but between this site & Wendy's site, we've managed to find another 25 girls a home for monday, that's the only Christmas present i want this year (f+
So I'm off doing my delivery rounds on monday, I've got my body guard Maria coming with me, (AKA user name Blanche, who homed x2 girls from the last rescue)
4 girls are going to be boarded in Luton by the coordinator for someone till Wednesday, 19 are going to two seperate homes out in Lincolnshire & x2 girls are being picked up from me at work on tuesday, so i've got two little girls with me monday night, lets hope i can part with them :?
One of the guys who is taking some girls, is someone I've contacted off the preloved site, he rescues caged birds & hens so i contacted him, bit pushy maybe? but hey it's got another 8 girls a home )t'
Wish me luck, & lets hope they are in better condition than the last lot, who were dreadful & made me cry :cry:

)c( )pty ))sun )old( (f+ :-D
Cheers
mel x
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

Mels,
You are a credit to us on the forum, and I' d like to personally thank you and everyone else involved in the rescues - you're stars!!!!

Got no battery hens myself, cos we didnt know you could get them for rehoming - when we 're-stock' our family, we will be able to offer a couple of ladies a home.

(f+
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

weeee thank you I'm chuffed to bits with this one )c(

trouble is I don't have a huge "just in case it goes pear shaped" plan :? so it has to go swimmingly, i have no choice.
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Hi Mel,
Yes, it is a lovely Christmas present. The best we can get.
What would you like as a 'just in case plan?'
We have a spare house and could cobble a run for a very short time.
I cannot have anymore, but can help if you need it.
Wendy

melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Thank you Wendy, that is a stirling offer, one which hopefully wouldn't be needed, it's just my paranoia :?
My pal Maria does boarding for animals, even though I lean on her services often, I'm sure at a stretch she'd help me out, then I'd have to go off hunting around for a new owner. This is so reliant on people doing as they say & take these girls on, it's easier when you know the person concerned, or they come to you from a friend, but these minor worries pale into insignificance when linda opens the boot of her car, & it's full of those confused little faces wondering what on earth is happening, it warms you right to your inner core (f+ then you burst into tears :cry:
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

I know Mel, been there a number of times.
Always upsets me.
Take Care of your Heart
Wendy
x

melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Thank you Wendy that's very sweet of you. Ill report back monday night )t' I'll take my camera as usual.
Cheers
mel x
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

I'm just about fit to burst, I'm so excited about these girls today, there is now a total of 84 girls getting their well deserved freedom today (f+ I'll have 22 in my car, so in about an hour or so I'll be setting off for Bedford, collect them all up, bring two home to board over night, then off on my travels to deliver girls to new parents )t'
How fab is that, i had a popped tyre on Friday night just as I was about to set off home from work )de: so lets hope that was the only bit of potential car bother, explain that one to the RAC (c)

Wish me luck )c(
Cheers
mel x
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

GOOD LUCK!!! (f+
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
wendy

Post by wendy »

How exciting and how wonderful for these little chickens.
Please keep us updated on how it goes.
Wendy

chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

I've missed you to wish you luck, but I sincerely hope all went well today.
You really are honey. Well done. (f+ )t' )chu:
Your just in case plan - I know we could mock up a temporary pen (we've already got a couple of temorary coops) should you be in a fix. We aren't that near to you and couldn't foster too many but I know we could come to 'some arrangement'. )t'
Chucky Egg
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Where did you get that hat, where did you get that hat.
Oh bless here's the little girls I baby sat for last night, I've just dropped them off, the daughter of the guy who collected them is one of our vet students, she was lovely, she's in her 5th year, how cool is that, & what small world, so they've gone to very capable hands, i said for them to look after them as though they had given birth to them themselves )t' (f+
All girls were delivered safe & well, the guy in Lincoln was a real treasure, i contacted him from the pre-loved site, as he had an advert saying he'll take unwanted hens, i thought they don't come more unwanted than this, he initially said he'd have 5, then when i rang him he upped it to 8, bingo )t' what a lovely place he had & huge too, lucky lucky girls, another lady took 12, & with the two this morning gave me one very full & niffy car )c( )c(
So i'm a bit tired to day, but chuffed to bits.
84 girls in total got homes, Linda's farmer wasn't happy & said no more till next year now, why & whats his problem? git )de:

Cheers
mel x