Eggs from Caged Hens - Public Awareness

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
nettles
Lively Laner

Post by nettles »

Could you email the poster to me too please Richard?

I am going to put it everywhere, within reason.

Thankyou, Nice smile and toofy pegs!

PS: Re: My previous edited comments, revised strategy coming up:

I received an email from a well known company they didn't profess to be selling to low income households but stated that they use battery farmed eggs due to public demand. So I replied with the following:

Before you dismiss me as a crank just look at the photo's, and these are typical of the battery hen industry, these chickens are the norm, it is truly horrific. I am not against your products, you DO make the best ****. But now I know where your eggs come from I cannot eat it it anymore. Previously I was ignorant too, but not anymore. I have now got 4 rescued chickens myself, when I got them they could not see properly, deformation had begun in their feet, they had very few feathers, and had never seen daylight, grass, mud or had any kindness in any way. They were petrified of everyone and every thing. Every person that saw my chickens wanted to know more about how they were reared, I have seen people in tears over them, these people now will not buy from manufacturers that do not use free range eggs, and they are telling others. Three people in my road alone now have their own chickens, the numbers of people like us is growing. Once people know how battery hens are treated there is no going back.

Have a look at these pictures of chickens from Battery Farms, how would your customers feel knowing that thay are eating products you get from chickens treated like this? The laws in place are not adequate and do not allow for the humane treatment of Chickens. Companies that hide behind these laws are condoning the barbaric way these hens are reared. I do not believe demand for free range eggs is small by choice. People need to be made aware of what they are buying and how it is produced. If you were to put pictures of typical battery hen chickens on your labels how many people do you think would buy your products? Being ignorant and hiding behind regulations does not exempt one from the truth of how these chickens are tortured daily. Have a look at the Battery Hen Welfare Trust website for confirmation of what I am saying, better still, visit a battery farm, that is all the proof you
need.

Demand for free range eggs is down to manufacturers such as yourselves, if you demanded them you know you would get them. Why not be leaders instead of followers? What better way could you promote yourselves? A fair price for an excellent product? Everyone else would follow and you must know that.

The RSPCA did a survey that showed 86% of the British Public are against farming of this nature.

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/

At least look, please,
Regards
********* (Nettles)

Richard, edit at will, I understand and have tried to be subtle this time, I have even praised the products.
Everything comes to those who wait...

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Am working on them today and should have them loaded for copying by this evening
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Well put, nettles
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Eggs from Caged Hens - Public Awareness

Post by AnnaB »

nettles
Have sent you a pm - I want to know more!!!
Anna