Sainsbury's letter

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Verity
Lively Laner

Sainsbury's letter

Post by Verity »

Did anyone else get the letter and leaflets from Sainsbury's today? Apparently, they want to reassure all shoppers that, contrary to what the media says, all their eggs and chickens come from British farms. One can't help thinking they are missing the point here...
Bock? Bock? Bock... bock... BOCKARGH!!!

Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

...perhaps its their ploy to bamboozle the general public!! Silly watsnames, eh?!
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I believe you'll find this is a completely different issue to the broiler / battery hen publicity.
In fact, someone touched on this on forum the other day when they raised how far an egg had travelled.

I believe there was some press about it. Maybe there is something on the Friday night programme, we'll see.

Let's hope a few more of us get one. I have a Sainsbury's Card (forget what it's called), so I should get one ?

Will let you know.

At least Sainsbury's came over well on tonight's TV. Seems they have gone further than some, especially showing the video's in their Stores. 10 out of 10 for that !
Did you note they were nearly all women !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
fussymare
Lively Laner

Post by fussymare »

Yes, I got a letter and a leaflet each re eggs and chickens. I actually thought that it was good they were informing their customers about how the poultry for their eggs and meat were reared - surely it is a step in the right direction to give this information out, as so often the labelling is misleading? :?

I know we are a long way off regarding changing things, but I don't think this was a negative step particularly.