Grated carrot and live yoghurt worming...anwser!

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Grated carrot and live yoghurt worming...anwser!

Post by chucky egg »

I can't for the life of me find the thread with the question "how much grated carrot and live yoghurt did I give my chucks" ...
it may have been a question asked within another thread...

Anyway to the person who asked: one week in every month roughly two teaspoons of grated carrot and yoghurt per chuck. More sometimes because they love it so mcuh.
)c(
Chucky Egg

wendy

Post by wendy »

Does that work Wendy?
First time I have heard of it. Does it have to be given together? as mine get both but not together and I use verm-x
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

Yes I mix carrot and yoghurt together. To be given in conjunction with Apple cider vinegar in their water (suggested measurement was 25ml to a litre). It was a tip from an old hand on another forum. I have been using this now for some time. I have seen the odd dead worm (the girls free range as you know in my garden when I'm there so probably picked them up that way) so am quite confident that it works. The other option was giving it to them three days a week but I knew I'd get mixed up and forget so now mark a week in a month on the calendar. Then a week later I give them tonic as a boost. The ACV is better (stronger) if bought from an aquine shop rather than the supermarket type bottles.
Chucky Egg