Help (looking for ex-batts E.Sussex)

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
stormingnorman
Lively Laner

Help (looking for ex-batts E.Sussex)

Post by stormingnorman »

Hi all
I started a new topic caus I posted on others previously and then cant find them again. I only get chance to look while at work. No computer at home. I said on one site that I would happily have 10 rescue but did not know where to go from here. Possibly take a few more than that. My existing hens (13) lay about 10 eggs a day between them were laying 12/13 up to about 3 weeks ago. 2 very broody 1 for about 3 weeks now 1 about 1 week. About half have been moulting for about 6 weeks. Any body want to offer advice to another Kent Cricket fan living in Sussex

Stormingnorman
i dont understand enough about computers

lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

You can always visit the BHWT website, find where your nearest rescue co-ordinator is and e-mail them and put your name down on the list for the next rescue.
There is also free at last
im sure others will be better at giving you some more info!

Lou x
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
wendy

Post by wendy »

Hiya.
You can try carly@northlondonhensrescue.org.uk some times we can deliver if someone is going that way. I think there is a rescue July and or September.
Give her a try
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
stormingnorman
Lively Laner

Post by stormingnorman »

Lou / Wendy Hi

Thanks for your help Tried to email Carly address not recognised
BHWT linked up with co-ordinater for SE Lady based just outside Ashford apparantly They are having difficulty sourcing them at the moment She has waiting list for about 1400. I put my name down

stormingnorman
stormingnorman
Lively Laner

Post by stormingnorman »

Lou / Wendy Hi

Thanks for your help Tried to email Carly address not recognised
BHWT linked up with co-ordinater for SE Lady based just outside Ashford apparantly They are having difficulty sourcing them at the moment She has waiting list for about 1400. I put my name down

stormingnorman
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

There's also the Kent one, see below.

From Hastings to Ashford is only 50 minutes by Car.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
nessjw
Lively Laner

Post by nessjw »

Hi, your not far from me, about 20 mins, lm going to a well know place on the 30th to collect some, if you want to meet and come with me your more than welcome, l just rang the place up and he said they normally just send them off in a lorry!!
he said he will keep 6 back for me @ 50p each (they are worth that and more for better life!) if your interested let me know and l will ring him back to see if we can save some more, as they havent done this before (so he says) l hope he keeps to his word for the chickens sake!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Hi - have just posted on the forum help needed for chooks Brighton - have a look! I believe they have been free range but are going to be slaughtered as their egg shells are not thick enough for the supermarket shelves. :cry:

Many thanks (f+
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
NorthLondonHenRescue
Learner Laner

Post by NorthLondonHenRescue »

Hello! We are rescuing hens on 26-27 July 2008 - please email me if you are still looking for hens.
Please note there was a typo in the email address given for me earlier in this thread, which is why it didn't work. The address is

carly@northlondonhenrescue.org.uk

Please email rather than PM me, as I can't file PMs and lose track of them.

Best wishes, Carly
carly@northlondonhenrescue.org.uk
North London Hen Rescue