North London Hen Rescue - hens coming out on 26-27 July

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Morgs
Lively Laner

Post by Morgs »

I've had my re-homer's receipt too, but no confirmation as yet. We are collecting hens from Bristol and taking them to the Cardiff Co-ordination point and then keeping five. I think they are just snowed under - the lady who emailed me seemed really stressed out! I should think we will all hear something by the end of the working week. There will be so many of us getting up early on Monday morning to check on our new ex batts and rushing home from work to check they're still ok! I'm so excited about mine coming.

I was so nervous when I had my first four ex batts last June, and I confess I did wonder for a little while, whether I'd done the right thing, but I wouldn't be without them now...and it does feel like such a good thing to do.

teenee60
Lively Laner

Post by teenee60 »

And we have had our re-homer's receipt too, but no confirmation as yet.
Also Gary as now said that instead of the ISA brown, why dont we have more ex batts!!!??
He as obviously taken on board that they will be "real live hens" :shock:
I have emailed to say we could accomodate 3 more.No answer yet.
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

Contact in the Manchester area has just rung to say the hens will be available from 3pm onwards. So anyone in the Manchester area expecting hens, will probably get a call too.

I suppose these co ordinators are rushed off their feet, trying to ring round everyone .....

I was just worried they would think I no longer want the hens, and of course I do!!
wendy

Post by wendy »

You can say that again.
I thought you would hear Teasel. Good luck with your rescue hens.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

Only 3 days to go!!

I am obviously pointing all rehomers I have contact with onto this site for help and encouragement with their new girls (f+
Jackie xx
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hi folks - It is a bit of a nervous time for everyone at the moment, all co-ordinators now have their list of people collecting hens. You should have heard/or be hearing from your co-ordinators soon.

If its any consolation, everyone associated with NLHR is a volunteer, the majority of us are working during the day so do not worry folks you will be contacted.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes we now have 12 cages of varying sizes from very huge to medium. Also two cat carriers. I cannot get into the end of my utility room. LOL.
We also have a list, as we are co ordinating when we get there as well as collecting from the farm. My poor old dogs are going to be on their own for quite some time, good job they are not youngsters. We will have to leave the back door open for them.But as one is a GSD I think burglers need to be careful. Also houses either side are keeping watch on them.

Wendy

kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

Morgs wrote:I've had my re-homer's receipt too, but no confirmation as yet. We are collecting hens from Bristol and taking them to the Cardiff Co-ordination point and then keeping five. I think they are just snowed under - the lady who emailed me seemed really stressed out! I should think we will all hear something by the end of the working week. There will be so many of us getting up early on Monday morning to check on our new ex batts and rushing home from work to check they're still ok! I'm so excited about mine coming.

I was so nervous when I had my first four ex batts last June, and I confess I did wonder for a little while, whether I'd done the right thing, but I wouldn't be without them now...and it does feel like such a good thing to do.

If you're picking them up from Backwell in Bristol don't worry about not hearing anything yet as I think the lady at the co- point will be on holiday until late friday evening and I've been told that we should hear from her on saturday as to what time to collect :-D
LouiseAS
Learner Laner

Post by LouiseAS »

We are picking up 12 girls for other people and acting as a very mini collection point (will do more next time). I was panicking about what to transport 16 hens in. OH went to the dump and someone had thrown out a massive dog crate. We're going to line it on the bottom with old carpet tiles so they don't slip about and it's sorted, ventilation won't be a problem either if it's hot.
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

Well done on rescuing the dog crate from the tip - it will be ideal for the hens!! Its amazing what some people chuck out, without thinking if it will be useful to someone else - they could always advertise it on their local freecycle, couldn't they?
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

That's a thought, have you asked on freecycle for crates and carriers?
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

Good Luck everyone (I'm off work tomorrow) and hope all goes well. )c(
I am picking up 4 newbies on saturday )c( as the spare run was driving me crazy :shock: although I shouldn't have!!! :oops:
Chucky Egg
wendy

Post by wendy »

Hi Mo.
I tried on our local freecycle and didn't get anywhere.
So I have begged, borrowed and stole. [well not exactly, but felt like it]
Wendy