new arrivals

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
teenee60
Lively Laner

new arrivals

Post by teenee60 »

Hi, here is a photo of our new arrivals,quite a smooth transaction,they were not in a bad condition as i think we had prepared us and gary for,they are happy scratching about,in there new home.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/270 ... 3944_t.jpg
Tina
ps the one at the back right handside is called Eve,the first lady....the scrawneyest,yet the bravest!!!

chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

Lovely girls, is Gary pleased? (f+
Jackie xx
wendy

Post by wendy »

Very sweet. I am sure you will all have a lot of happy hours with them
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
manda

Post by manda »

Gorgeous ladies...well done :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

hi tina (f+

they look good im sure they will love their new home

jo x
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Ti Tina
Well done! )c( I'm sure you'll give them a wonderful home. Lucky girls :-D

Lucy (f+
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Well done, you will never regret it xxxx
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
teenee60
Lively Laner

Post by teenee60 »

Hi all, not a man to express his feelings a lot,but Gary said he is VERY pleased with the chickens.
Joanne grabbed 2 of the 3 chickens,and i said to Gary do you want to choose 1,and he chose the plumpest healthiest looking 1 straight away.We settled them,and went down home for our dinner,we had only been home 15 mins,and Gary said i'm just going to check on them while my dinner cooks,it doesnt matter how many times i go up in a day does it mum?dinner is usually his priority,
aparently the scragiest had gone first because people felt sorry for them,so we didnt see the worst side,which i suppose was good for us newbies.
I have nothing but praise for the rescuers,i thought Joanne had done it loads of times,but it was her first!!Well done.
Tina
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

When I collected my hens, the lady waiting in front of me with her boxes, said she had been warned they were in a bit of a state. I was preparing myself for them to be like my previous ones ....but when hers arrived I helped her put them in her boxes, and all of them actually looked pretty good - quite heavy too.

A few of mine were a bit bald in places, but I think they were suffering from the heat more than anything - definitely look much improved today, and have been pecking the grass in their run. Its a full time job keeping the water topped up in this heat for all my menagere!!