URGENT HELP RQD - neighbours trying to poison cockerel WILTS

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

My heart goes out to you. I would be devastated to be parted from my boy , as you must be too, but at least he is at a good place where he will be loved still. I would like to give your neighbour or whoever it was , crushed slug pellets because they had their radio on too loudly. )de: )cn(
Looove chucks!

stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I am so glad for you LittleDog

i have emailed john today, so glad you lived so close and i could be of help to you, i have been there a few times over the past year and, this is the first rescue he has done in a while i think last time i called him before i got my girls he hadnt had any ex bats for a while
glad all went well for you today!!

I am sure your chook will love it there!!!

stace (f+
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

A very inspiring thread and so nice to see so much help.

I'm sure he'll be happy now - lots of Hen's to put in order.

As for the neighbours. Maybe it was annoying for them, but to try and take a Creatures life is simply unforgiveable.

I hope your move is a successful one and you may find a new life.

Take care, Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
nettles
Lively Laner

Post by nettles »

Little Dog, I am glad you found your boy a new home but what a horrible story,

With neighbours like that who needs enemies?

I am so sorry,
Good luck to you and I hope you find somewhere nice too,
You sound way too nice to live next to twonks like that anyway.
xxx
Everything comes to those who wait...
little dog
Learner Laner

Post by little dog »

Wow! I hadn't looked at this topic for a few days as I thought no-one would be interested since my cockerel was re-homed!! Thanks all for your thoughts/good wishes. I have to say, I never intended to cause offence by having a noisy cockerel in a residential area - as I said, I rescued him at birth from drowning, I didn't know then he was a cockerel!! 1 out of 2 wasn't bad!! The neghbours were all too happy to accept eggs while the hen was alive by the way!! Wilts Police have been very helpful, and although stretched in terms of manpower, they have supported me and my partner through all this - the poisoning of the chooks was the tip of the iceberg. :cry:
Thanks so much once again - I am so glad I found Down the Lane and I will be recommending it to all my friends!! Not the best time to be moving house, but hey ho, keep your fingers crossed for me!!