Tesco v HFW

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Tesco v HFW

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

Do you know what? I think this whole chicken welfare thing is a total and utter load of bull on Tesco's part. The vast majority of Tesco employees are also shareholders. My parents both work for Tesco, and no one has asked if they would like to vote for better chicken welfare. My parents only buy freerange or organic anyway. I'm sure there will be some stupid loophole somewhere, which is why they didnt get to vote. Its a far cry from the days when they used Dudley Moore and chickens to promote the quality of their produce to get away from the 'pile it high,sell it cheap' image. Well, I won't be shopping there again, and they can stuff their clubcard points where the sun don't shine! )de: )de: )de:

seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

I will second that )de:
Looove chucks!
nettles
Lively Laner

Post by nettles »

Oh yes, now we are talkin' )c(
Everything comes to those who wait...
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yesterday I e mailed The stated store with the worse photographs of these rescued hens, asking them if they could qualify their policies on using these caged eggs.
I have urged all the others to post as well. It maybe worth us on here doing so also.
We won't go away, no matter how these big supermarkets try to ignore us.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

)c( I did that earlier this year, e-mailed them regarding chicken welfare, got a ridiculous reply, so sent them a formal letter with my clubcard in it and a rant about chickens. WILL NEVER go back in that place )de:
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yep, did it earlier and will do it every time I do a rescue. The powers that be may not see the photographs. But I sure will upset the little girls who open the e mails, until someone get on my case.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning