battery farm closure

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

The newspaper is slow to update the web page, I keep checking to see if they have published my reply, not yet. Maybe they didn't like my comments.

Ilona

julie2
Legendary Laner

Post by julie2 »

The cheek of it, Ha Ha they are going out of buisines :-D I hpoe they end up penyless, And can you believe, the FARM SHOP is selling battery eggs. Gurrr
chickens rock!!!
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I’ve just cut and pasted the next bit from an earlier post I made with reference to country file. It seems to fit the bill admirably for this thread…..

"I could unfortunately see the battery farmer’s point of view; as sad as it is we are legislating against our own folk thus making them uncompetitive against the rest of the world. Chickens will still suffer and battery eggs will still be on sale in our shops. The only difference is that the suffering won’t be in our back yard and the eggs will have travelled half way around the world before they appear on the super market shelves. How many Russian farmers will convert to intensive egg production in order to cash in on the short fall in egg production in Europe? I doubt that the government (either UK or European) will ban the import of eggs from unethical sources; the supermarkets won’t allow them to do that. I also have some serious reservations as to whether or not the rest of Europe will stick to the rules as rigidly as we will in the UK."

Are we just cynical or do we unconciously sense the next farcical ethical move by an inept bunch of euro-sycophants in Westminster?