my lovelly girls need a loving home

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
hensforhim
Learner Laner

my lovelly girls need a loving home

Post by hensforhim »

can anyone help me? ive just found out that my brother in law[landlord] is having our house re possessed because of mortgage arrears,we have never missed the rent in two and a half years.
so i need to find a home for my 4 warrens they are two and a half years old and regular layers,one has been a little unlucky having suffered a prolapse at 12 months which was operated on and then some how managed to break a leg,which was sorted by the vet again and even though she runs along like john cleese is happy and probably the best layer.
i love my girls and realise i could possibly find a new house where they would be allowed,but because i love them i want to secure their new home while i have enough time rather than leave it to the last minute.if anyone can help me i would be most grateful,i live in north wales but am prepared to travel to help re home them,many thanks Andy.

gpzdawn
Learner Laner

Re: my lovelly girls need a loving home

Post by gpzdawn »

Hiya

That is so sad to hear - both on losing house front and having to give your girls up :-(

I have three ex batts that could learn to live with some new house mates! (two have died in the the past few months) They have a reasonable size house and run (far bigger than was recommended to me!) and when I am at home they are let loose to destroy garden further :-)

I would be happy to send you photos of my little Chicken place. I have the room to set them up seperately to begin with also and can take a second house in the run (I have a spare little one) I am a bit of a distance from you though so I guess that does need to be considered but do let me know (I am near Wellingborough)

Good luck with everything

Dawn
hensforhim
Learner Laner

Post by hensforhim »

thanks gpzdawn if you could send me a few pics i would appreciate it.
and thank you mumonashoestring for the tip :-D
hensforhim
Learner Laner

Post by hensforhim »

well i found someone local to take on my girls,their new slave is a vet who owns 80 acres of farmland and has a variety of birds and is a very caring lady.
So the girls are in paradise but im down in the dumps without them but at least i can concentrate on the next job of finding a home for us.
good luck to everyone with their chicken keeping and i hope you get as much pleasure from it as i did over the last two years. )t'
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Pleased you have been able to sort a new home out for your girls, and hope they settle. A hard decision for you to make. So hope you find somewhere soon for yourself.
Grace
Learner Laner

Post by Grace »

Hello Hens for him
I am pleased your girls have a good home I wish you luck in you finding yours but hope you will still stay on the site as ther is so much in put and you may well be able to help someone look after there girls do wish you luck >fi<
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Absolutely agree, hope you'll still visit us and hope things get sorted for you soon hensforhim. :-D
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
hensforhim
Learner Laner

Post by hensforhim »

thank you for your kind thoughts and i will keep in touch with the forum as i still find chicken keeping an absorbing subject,i think a couple of my pupils have noticed on lessons ive turned into a voyeur of other peoples chickens,i can spot a group of chooks at 300 paces :-D