dumped cockerel looking for home

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
kitla
Legendary Laner

dumped cockerel looking for home

Post by kitla »

I'm posting on behalf of a friend in Yorkshire, he found a white, leghorn (probably)
cockerel dumped by the road a few weeks ago. He is in good health, is very friendly & easy to handle (called him Arthur) my friend already has a cockerel so cant keep him.
I know there's always loads of cockerels looking for homes but felt Arthur seems
such a nice boy & has been through such an ideal I had to try & help him find a happy
ending!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

Shazer
Lively Laner

Re: dumped cockerel looking for home

Post by Shazer »

I got my boy because he was dumped at the end of our road.

It makes me so mad that some people think it's ok to just discard animals like they are a piece of rubbish )ang

I hope you find a home for him {hug}
Fellsider
Lively Laner

Post by Fellsider »

How lucky that Arthur was found by your kind friend. It is so cruel to just dump them.

I was given a cockerel almost as soon as I moved my hens out of my garden and into the lottie, within 24 hours in fact! It was from someone who had been looking for a new home for little Henry for ages, his favorite wife came with him.

I hope he finds a good forever home soon. >fi<

Does anyone successfully keep more than one cockerel?
Ruled by Henry, the miniature serama cockerel who thinks he is 10 feet tall.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Lucky Arthur has found a smashing home now, a good ending!
Fellsider - this chap couldnt keep 2 cockerels because of where he lives, but I do
know people that have several in a freerange situation with lots of space & lots of
hens!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant