2 Ex-batts in need of a good home

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
LisaB

2 Ex-batts in need of a good home

Post by LisaB »

I'm very sad to say I need to rehome two of my girls.
Roxy lays but Daphne doesn't.
Daphne's bullying my other hens and I've tried for weeks to sort it out but nothing I do helps, I'm hoping she'll be better in another flock. She came out the cages in October.
Roxy's very noisy, she's not really suitable for anyone with close neighbours unless you know they don't mind the noise. She came out the cages last July.

I'm in Teesside, can drop them off if it's not too far.

Roxy's the huge one laying down, she's quite a character.

Daphne's the blonde one at the front (this was taken quite a while ago)

Please PM me if you can rehome my girls, thank you x

Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: 2 Ex-batts in need of a good home

Post by Mo »

Sorry you are having to rehome them, but glad you're keeping some. Hope things are better with a smaller flock. {hug}
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Mo {hug}
I really couldn't rehome all of them after having a good think about it, but I just can't keep Roxy, even though she is one of my favourites, she's so funny and always has something to say, but the noise is just too much. I don't really want her to go on her own so thought it'd be best to send Daphne with her, as she just wont settle in the flock any more {cry}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

{hug} Hi Lisa i hope you can find the girls a nice new home and things can settle a bit for you. I know you will be upset love but you have to think of your health and the stress will not be doing you any good at all. Im sure people on here will try to help if they can, good luck love {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry to read that you need to rehome two of your girls, Lisa. Hope you get someone to give them a home soon, and that you yourself pick up again.
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Glad youve been able to make a decision {hug}
Julie x
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks everyone.
I managed to get Pip back into the flock without too many problems, I was tempted to rehome her with Daphne as them two get on really well, but she's my oldest girl and she's slowing down a bit now so I'm not sure she'll live out the year, I can't really bare giving her up.
I'm just not sure I'll be lucky enough to find somewhere more rural to rehome them :?
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

Aw Lisa. So sorry you have had to make this difficult decision {hug}
Hope all goes well! >fi<
Sarah
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Lisa what about asking at your feed place they might know of someone suitable or could you put a card up. I know you want the best for them and if anyone was interested you could ask if you could visit to see their set up. Most people like to show their girls off and if they refuse to allow you then you can decide wether they are the right people. {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

I hope you find someone Lisa - hopefully it will make things that bit easier and less stressful for you - good luck )t'
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

oh lisa im sure someone wonderful will adopt them they look fab i wish i was nearer as im semi rural and got wonderrful neighbours mum one side and a girl who lived on a farm the other side i miss my noisy girl so much she always let me know when someone had laid ,what is she bullying about lisa,is it for top hen or treats etc
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Aww Lisa, sorry to hear you're having to do this. I really wish I could help out but I already have such a noisy one that my neighbours would really freak if I added another one! I wil ask around and see if I can find anyone x
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I think I've found a wonderful home for both of them :) Will be sad to see them go though, the coop will look so empty.

It's like she's just bullying for the sake of it, Ace. It started them Freya was growing her feathers back and Pip and Daphne were picking on her and pulling her new feathers out so I had to separate them both. I've been trying to get them all together for a while now, Pips fine, but Daphne's awful to a few of them, they don't peck back or anything, but she's really nasty to them, I'll miss Roxy because she stuck up for Freya and would give Daphne a peck to get her away.
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Glad you have found them a good home Lisa {hug}
Julie x