5 laying hens need loving home near Bolton Lancs

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
trig
Learner Laner

5 laying hens need loving home near Bolton Lancs

Post by trig »

I've been putting this off for a while but since reading the posts on this forum I'm confident that it's the best place to find a good home for our girls.

We have:

1 white star – laying since April 2011
2 bluebelles – also laying since April 2011

and this years additions of.....
1 magpie – laying since May 2012
1 black and grey speckled hen – laying since May 2012

They are healthy girls bought from a breeder at point of lay and deliver 5 eggs most days.

They're happiest when free ranging (which they do most of the time) so we'd like them to go to a caring owner who could offer them the freedom they love.

They have great characters and have been a joy to have around the place.

jackian
Legendary Laner

Re: 5 laying hens need loving home near Bolton Lancs

Post by jackian »

Oh what a shame . Sorry I can't help as i live too far away , I just thought I would not pass you by .
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
G.blears
Learner Laner

Post by G.blears »

If you still have these birds I can help. I have a lovly set upon a farm with my misses 3 horses I have 10 chickensat the moment which are all in a very large outdoor run. Email me bk. thanks Gareth.
G.blears@live.co.uk
trig
Learner Laner

Post by trig »

Great news!

all 5 of our girls have now found a very happy home on a farm where they have 10 new hen friends and loads of space to free range once they've got used to their new digs!

Special thank you to Gareth and his lovely family for taking them - I hear they've been rewarded with 4 eggs already and the girls are settling in really well. Heavy heart to see the girls leave us but very glad that they're being cared for so well - it's a big adventure for them and I hope that Gareth and his family will find as much pleasure in keeping them as I have.

Finally, it's thanks to this forum that we were able to get such a good match for our girls so keep up the good work guys :-D
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Glad you got sorted )t'
Julie x