Cockerels

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Amie
Lively Laner

Cockerels

Post by Amie »

I was given 4 Chicks as females... Sadly 2 Defiantly Boys and 1 im not certain yet >dum< I have a beautiful faverolle Boy called Daphne-Dave he is about 14 weeks.He is beautiful and if I didn't have Neighbours he would not be going anywhere {cry}

The we have the Lovely Boris(Doris) Johnson a Beautiful white Silkie funny lad that likes nothing better than spinning around the Garden catching flies :-D again Im sad to give this lad up.

Boris is the only one that crows but not every day and the crow is pathetic.

5* Home/s wanted for these 2... I'm in no hurry to Re-home them. They still being very good lads...would like them to be as free range as possible. No cockerel boxes please x

Please don't think I'm being picky just love them and want the best )w(
I know how hard it is to find homes for Cockreles but believe there is a nice home out therexxx

jackian
Legendary Laner

Re: Cockerels

Post by jackian »

Oh what a shame! I'm sorry I can't help.Are you sure you can't keep them ?
I hope you get them a good home .
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
Amie
Lively Laner

Post by Amie »

I don't think I can have have Neighbours and Old Ex Battery Girls and I dont want them being hassled by a very Large Faverello Boy.

Im in no Hurry and at the moment the Boys getting put in place by the Girls so all is peacefull in my Lowestoft back Garden :-D

I thought I did every thing right kept asking the breeder, you sure they Girls she said 100% sure. I asked how she knew she said I'm very experienced maybe she needs more practice {warn} I have never taken on an Animal... not expecting to keep it until the day it dies.If there was a way to keep them, I so would. I have such a nice little flock that all get on so nicely {cry}
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

That's a shame amie {cry} would you be able to return them to the breeder (since they did promise you girls after all).
Although I guess they wouldn't be guaranteed to find them good homes I guess :?
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I'm afraid your breeder was not very knowledgable to tell you they were
girls at such a young age, alot of breeders cannot be sure with silkies until they
crow or lay eggs, its certainly not possible when they're chicks.
You could try preloved, & there's a facebook site just for rehoming cockerels.
If you try asking your neighbours if they mind they may surprise you!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I'd take them back )t' )t'

You may find a local farm where they'd take them off you (only one crows if you have two - normally).
But there's a chance should you do that, it's a freebie Sunday Lunch, especially at the age they are.

A lot of Cockerels at Auctions are sold for pennies and I've overheard the conversations!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Amie
Lively Laner

Post by Amie »

They not going back. They will find a good free range home if it kills me )hic(

Someone has shown an Intrest in one but I dont want them to go {cry} Oh Bl**dy hell
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

A friend of mine has a few chickens but particularly loves his favorell hen,
I wonder if he'd like a cockerel to go with her? I'll ask him (he's a nice bloke)
whereabouts are you?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Amie
Lively Laner

Post by Amie »

kitla wrote:A friend of mine has a few chickens but particularly loves his favorell hen,
I wonder if he'd like a cockerel to go with her? I'll ask him (he's a nice bloke)
whereabouts are you?

Im in Lowestoft Suffolk :-D
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I've pm'd you
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Have you managed to rehome Dave, or decided to keep him?
--Immanuel Kant
Amie
Lively Laner

Post by Amie »

He is here till Friday. I'm Gutted he is going, he is such a stunning Lad. The Lady having him is taking the other two as well. They all stunning Looking Boys.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Oh well done for finding him a home! so many of them aren't so lucky so dont
feel bad, be happy for them! Perhaps this lady will let you visit to see how they are.
--Immanuel Kant