Free coop/hen and cockerel to good home

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
fenwalkers
Learner Laner

Free coop/hen and cockerel to good home

Post by fenwalkers »

We are having to move into rented accommodation (victim of economic climate) and sadly although we can take our dog and cats, we cannot take our mature hen and cockeral. The cockeral literally turned up at our gate on the fens two years ago now! (we assumed he had escaped a smallholding somewhere or a plan for christmas dinner !!!) as it was Christmas eve and he was very hungry we named him Oliver. He fell for our hens and never left.
Now we sadly have to move and Ollie and Beatrice (she is 3 yrs) need a loving home where they can retire in peace. They are like an old married couple and its heart breaking to think I cant rehome them together.
We can also giveaway a nice coup (big enough for 3 more hens) and lots of fencing plus a sack of feed and feeding bowls etc.
We are happy to deliver this all, we just want to find a nice new home for them where they can live out their days. (we are based Cambs/Norfolk/Lincs border)
They are real characters and take food from your hand, lovely pets. Hope someone out there can help .... heres hoping

perchy

Re: Free coop/hen and cockerel to good home

Post by perchy »

Hello

I am hoping and praying that you can find a home for Oliver and Beatrice together, do you have a local children's farm? or farm with chickens, if someone is unable to take them for you maybe a farm would?

Someone on here may also be able , I know alot of us are not allowed males {cry}
fenwalkers
Learner Laner

Post by fenwalkers »

perchy wrote:Hello

I am hoping and praying that you can find a home for Oliver and Beatrice together, do you have a local children's farm? or farm with chickens, if someone is unable to take them for you maybe a farm would?

Someone on here may also be able , I know alot of us are not allowed males {cry}

Thanks for idea of contacting a childrens farm, havent tried that yet. Worth the call. >fi<
fenwalkers
Learner Laner

Post by fenwalkers »

Today we have decided to halt the move and remain where we are on the Fens and keep our happy clucking couple where they love it most {hug} I never realised how stressful it would be to try and rehome them. And how much I loved them...couldnt let them go
So we will stay on our small holding, struggle on with a smile and live life a bit more thrifty! I shall be watching the forum for more tips on how to achieve this.

Thanks for looking at my post. :-D

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

You must have been having a trying time attempting to make the right decisions . It sounds as if staying put on your smallholding is what you really want so that being the case there is no doubt you will find ways of living maybe more thriftily to achieve that end. Good luck. )t'
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
wendy

Post by wendy »

)t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

im glad you have found a decision that suits you and your little couple ,its amazing how we fall in love with them and what lengths we go to to keep them with us and happy ,im sure this will be a happy life for you,the forum offers lots of advice on your chosen way of life ,hope to see you around the forum and look forward to your posts and maybe even a few pictures of your lovely couple )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

)t' Good luck in your decision.
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

)t' Will be nice to see you on here, its a great forum for help and advice and general friendy chats, and you dont have to be mad to be on here but it helps :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx