im mortified, and disgusted

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

im mortified, and disgusted

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 606201.stm

Input by Richard - This link contains a video of cockerel fighting - may not be suitable for some

julie2
Legendary Laner

Post by julie2 »

Its discusting, this sort of thing happening in this day and age. Thoes men want hanging. They knew what they were doing was against the law and CRUEL.
chickens rock!!!
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

hi (f+ (f+ (f+

i seen that on the news tonight i think its discusting, i cant belive this was happening they didnt even try to hide it and they had children there these people should not only have the r.s.p.c.a on their case but also child protection )de: )de: )de:

jo x
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I agree its disgusting!

That sort of footage is available to watch on utube from places all over the world!

Its sick, but whilst these places allow people to watch it on their pc's it just gives them ideas to do it themselfs!

stace (f+
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
wendy

Post by wendy »

They fight chickens, they fight dogs.
The penalties should be greater than they are.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
nettles
Lively Laner

Post by nettles »

There are a lot of sick people out there.

Our government doesn't help by making cruelty to chickens legal either...

I think I will go now because once I really get started........

Love to all on here
xxx
Everything comes to those who wait...
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Nettles, totally agree with you.

I am afraid I will not be watching the link, I assume it will be similar to some I have seen previously.

As Wendy says, dog fighting, cockerel fighting. At the end of the day the mentality of some people allows them to gather in a place where they can pit two of the same species (men fighting as well as animals) and allow them to fight to the bitter end (er, well perhaps not in the case of men fighting) in the name of making someone a quick buck. Shocking :shock:

The people responsible will be the ones sitting back in comfort raking money in. When caught stick them in a pen with each other and only let the last one standing out, see how they like that!

Sorry, feeling a bit off about these sorts of things this morning, it sickens me as to how cruel mankind has been ( to everything!) through the centuries and continues to do so.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

)ang )ang How can that man deny the charges when he is clearly seen there )ang )ang

I have to say that I'm quite surprised this made the news. I thought cruelty to chickens was fully legal and endorsed by the powers that be. :oops: Ooops, sorry, that's only in battery farms... )de:

The gaol terms and fines should be much higher. They are far too small to act as any kind of deterrent.

Lucy x
cluck
Lively Laner

Post by cluck »

The mentality of poeple like these is not normal or Human.
Putting animals through that sort of pain is torture.
Lock up these poeple & throw away the key forever. Very sick,sad poeple. )de:
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Not very nice at all. I did read that the domestic chicken was initially bred purely for fighting, the egg production etc was a secondary bonus that soon caught on. cockerel fighting is still legal all over the place; some states still allow it and I have heard that certain public schools positively encourage it (although probably not involving chickens in any way). The Spanish have probably got an even crueller way of forcing animal suffering as well.
Without whishing to offend the multitude of domestic animal lovers I would also hazard that the cruelty visited on our native wildlife by our pets is considerably greater than two roosters fighting. (I have regrettably had to stop feeding the birds in my garden as I have found another couple of severed avian body parts over the past week; I have to assume that it isn’t the work of any natural predators.
Anyway I digress, there really isn’t any excuse to deliberately inflict cruelty but I doubt that they’ll receive heavy sentences as there are far worse crimes which receive woefully inadequate punitive measures.
Bah Humbug
tweecy
Learner Laner

Post by tweecy »

MEN? They call them MEN? Real men don't do this stuff, these 'men' are the scum of the earth. and should be castrated in order to stop them breeding more like them. Do the womenfolk know what they get up to? They should be ashamed.