Cockrel question

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Bok bok bok
Lively Laner

Cockrel question

Post by Bok bok bok »

Can anyone tell me if they know how noisey Creasted cream Legbar cockerels are?

Obviously all cockrels are going to create noise, but are some worse than others?

Does anyone have one and what is it's temprement like?

Sorry for all the questions, it's nice to know that someone will have the answers!
2 children, half a springer Spaniel, a Hamster, 2 Goldfish and an allotment. And a very excited, now mummy of some chickens again, Daisey, Dotty and Master Yoda!

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion!

olpoll
Lively Laner

Post by olpoll »

i cant answer your question,
but i do think it depends more on the individual cockerel rather than the breed,
but what i do know is all good cockerels crow loud and all good cockerels should have a certain amount of aggression after all his only job in life is to mate and protect his girls.
when i feed my hens the cockerel is always last to the food he always lets the hens have there feed first.
Thanks Andrew,

1 dog (ollie),1 rabbit (lucy),1 cockerel (young brian), 11 hens, 5 call ducks, 2 budgies, 20 goldfish (with pond), 200 gallons of tropical fish,.....and one very lucky wife (alison)
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

My boys are the same, always show the girls the tasty morsels and then stand back while the girls tuck in. Ah gentlemen! :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

At least one of Bluebells' cockerels is a real gent. I saw him pointing to food for her girls-how sweet (f+

It has helped me understand my girls a bit better and they treat me like a cockerel sometimes, especially my Bluebell )t' who usually hangs back but knows I keep tasty worms etc back just for her so she doesn't miss out.

Sorry,way )ot:

I don't know either sorry :oops:
Jackie xx
Bok bok bok
Lively Laner

Post by Bok bok bok »

Well I'll just have to wait and see! I have my lovely little cockrel ( hatched him 3 weeks ago) growing nicely in the greenhousec with one of his lovely ladies!I'll treat him to keep him sweet - and hopefully quiet!

I wonder if it works aswell with chooks as it does with children?! )w(

x
2 children, half a springer Spaniel, a Hamster, 2 Goldfish and an allotment. And a very excited, now mummy of some chickens again, Daisey, Dotty and Master Yoda!

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion!