I need to rehome my girls

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
julieann
Legendary Laner

I need to rehome my girls

Post by julieann »

Hi, I'm moving home and sadly I can't take the hens with me; I need a good home for them. I have two hybrids (a Rhode rock and an Amber) 2 black Silkies; 2 Pekins(1 lavender and one millefluer). All of the hens have laid all summer and the hybrids are still laying every day. I'm currently getting about 3 eggs a week from the Silkies and Pekin, but have been getting about 14 a week from them until very recently. Last year they all laid right through the winter. I got the hybrids and Silkies last September aged about 18 weeks. The Lavender Pekin is about the same age as the Silkies and the Millefleur Pekin is a year older then the rest. The Millefluer loves to be stroked and petted! They all get on well sharing a coop and run. I have a 3x2 metre walk in run (all mesh, the type sold by a company who's name sounds like a type of cooked egg) with a skirt to stop foxes digging. I have a plastic hen coop which is a S.Way; I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the real company names but if anyone is interested please pm me and I'll clarify. I've had a go at posting some pics below so hopefully they will work. If anyone can give the girls a good home please pm me. I'm in Low Fell, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear- North East England. Obviously the run and coop are available to go with the hens; you would need to be able to come and remove the run etc and transport yourself. My fingers are crossed that someone is interested!

Julie x

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: I need to rehome my girls

Post by Spreckly »

Hello Juliann

Sorry to read your post. Your chicken set up sounds wonderful, and I hope that your girls and equipment get a good home.

All the best to you.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh Julie, how very sad that you cannot take them with you. I so wish I could take them but I not able to currently {cry}

Good luck, I hope someone suitable comes along {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww I too am sorry you are unable to take them with you, I am sure someone will be able to help you, fingers crossed {hug}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

So sorry to hear this - they look so happy and comfortable in their lovely accomodation.

I hope they find a new home really soon {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Thanks for your replies, my fingers are crossed !
Julie x
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

hi julieann I have pmd you {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
perchy

Post by perchy »

aceface wrote:hi julieann I have pmd you {hug}

>fi< >fi<
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

perchy wrote:
aceface wrote:hi julieann I have pmd you {hug}

>fi< >fi<

gonna try to help if I can perchy I cant begin to imagine how julieann feels {cry}
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

perchy

Post by perchy »

I know, we are all keeping our fingers crossed for a very happy outcome {hug}
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Good news for my girls, Ace is taking them and her friend is going to have the two Silkies. I am so pleased Ace responded as I know how she cares for her girls. We will let you know when they move to their new home. Thanks again Ace it's a weight off my mind, I will be sad to see them go but very happy with who is taking them! {cry} :-D
Julie x
perchy

Post by perchy »

)c( )c( )c(
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Julie, so very sad for you having to find new homes for your ladies, I've been there once and was so upset about it.

Thank goodness for lovely Ace and her friend for helping, it must be a huge relief to know your chookies are going to good homes {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

What a huge relief for you Julieann, to know that your girls will be well looked after.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

aww julieann these little girls will be well looked after and so loved mum has had a little look at them too and seems to have fallen in love with Marilyn and her lovely rhode rock sister hmmm I have a funny feeling mum be a new chicken keeper to add to my list of growing chicken y friends ,theyw ill be loved and well cuddled julieann they are lovely little girls and I know you will miss them so much but I will keep you updated if you would like me to ,I have told my girls we have some new sisters coming and have been told to be on best behaviour and no coop hopping LOL my bunch are softies and my frankii well he will look after them as he does with his other girls {hug} {hug}

really looking forward to meeting you and the girls julieann,i will phone you toarrange things later on in the month as we said sort of late November but we can confirm as soon as we know the best date for us both ,and thank you julieann for letting these little girls join us xx