Need to rehome a Buff Orpington cockerel - Northumberland

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Lorna Doone
Lively Laner

Need to rehome a Buff Orpington cockerel - Northumberland

Post by Lorna Doone »

After posting my last pictures of my 38 week old Buff Orps, you were indeed all correct - both are cockerels , :? One has happily been rehomed, but the other remains here. The breeder has offered to swap him with something else, but unless she can rehome him then he will be going to slaughter I fear {cry} So I'm on the hunt for rehoming suggestions as he's such a beautiful, big, placid bird and I've nurtured him for so long, I'd hate to see his life wasted.

kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Need to rehome a Buff Orpington cockerel - Northumberlan

Post by kitla »

What a shame you cant keep him, they're such a nice natured breed. I've managed
to rehome some friendly cockerels to good homes, try preloved or pets4homes, I always ask a few £ (to discourage people wanting freemeal or fighting fodder) take a gorgeous picture, describe his gentle nature, when people enquire ask lots of questions about how they'll keep him,trust your gut instinct, deliver him yourself, and don't leave him if you're not happy.
Sorry if I sound cynical but horrid things can happen to cockerels ftgh.
Good luck with finding him a home. Maybe post some more pics on here to remind
us how gorgeous he is.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Lorna Doone
Lively Laner

Re: Need to rehome a Buff Orpington cockerel - Northumberlan

Post by Lorna Doone »

Thanks. I know, I'd dearly love to keep him, but he's crowing loudly now and I have neighbours to consider. Here he is (if this works!) He's the one on the left, taken approximately 2 weeks ago when the other cockerel was there and was dominant. Since the other one left, the remaining one has become more cockerel-like with droopier tail feathers, big red comb, crowing etc