Old ladies looking for new home in Glasgow Area

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Audrey (Chi Chi)
Learner Laner

Old ladies looking for new home in Glasgow Area

Post by Audrey (Chi Chi) »

Hi, everyone, afraid im having to find homes for my last two old girls, Ginger and Fudge, one is an ex batt and one is a hybrid (brown). The council in their wisdom in East Kilbride, have taken a man to court for keeping chooks in his garden and needless to say im not wanting to be taken to court.
They dont lay any more, maybe one egg now and again, so I would be looking for a special home for them that would take them in their retirement for their sake and not for eggs.

We can deliver them to you if right home is found.

Im not a happy chicken mum having to give them up and my little baby boy who is 10 months old now, just loves the chooks, but I dont see any way around it.

If there is anyone who could take them in the Glasgowish area or knows of anyone, I would greatly appreciate if you could get in touch with me and we could work something out, thanks {cry}

kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Old ladies looking for new home in Glasgow Area

Post by kitla »

Just saw this, I cant help but thought I'd bump your post for you. Good luck finding
them homes.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
ChookieBirdie
Lively Laner

Post by ChookieBirdie »

Hi Audrey Chi Chi, my sister stays in East Kilbride and told me recently about that poor man. He kept 2 chickens as his grandchildren loved feeding and looking after them. They were very upset to lose them. Luckily a friend was able to find space for them with their chickens.

I hope you find that loving, forever home for your birds. I wish I could help but I'm not sure at the moment about adding to my 3 chickens. )t' Good luck.
jpd
Learner Laner

Post by jpd »

Hi. Did you manage to re home?