welsummer pair need a home

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
chickenjo
Lively Laner

welsummer pair need a home

Post by chickenjo »

Hi all,

I'm based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and I decided after three years of having my pekin go broody to let her sit some eggs. Unfortunately, it's left me in that awful place where I have a cockerel. I would like to rehome him with his egg-mate (different parents, but both Welsummers with a hint of legbar from a couple of generations back according to the farm). He's a wonderful boy and he's 3 months old; not even started crowing yet, but it's a matter or time. His name is Ginger (my hoping he was a she) and his lady friend is Marilyn. I can post up pics if you'd like to see but I really want them to go to a good home. He's a lovely mannered thing, as most cockerels are, and he is still hen-pecked by his mother, but beginning to strut around and show off a bit.

I've loved having him and I wish I didn't live in a built up area, I'd dearly love to keep him, but it's just not feasible and I can see the complaints appearing when he starts to crow.

Thanks

Jo
1 tolerant husband, 2 lazy but crazy shibas (Dali and Yoshi), countless fish and shrimp and 3 (soon to be 4) cheerful chooks: Eleanor the prissy pekin, Anastasia the warbling wyandotte, and Georgiana the rock chick.

Rehomed after being reared as chicks: Ginger (he was actually a boy) and Marilyn who are now frolicking in someone else's garden!

Deeply missed are Eowyn and Arwen, the demanding but gorgeous ex-batts that thought they had the same rights as the dogs; Isabella the silkie beauty and Lizzie the elderly pekin I adopted with her hubby Henry, also passed.