CIWF Compassionate Shopping Guide

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

CIWF Compassionate Shopping Guide

Post by Richard »

You can download this Guide FROM HERE

I found this very interesting as it shows that some of the Retailers we saw as being good, aren't neccessarily good at all things and vice versa.
It's also interesting in so far as we sometimes maybe forget the other 'produce' which is sold, the Pork findings for example.

I listened to a BBC programme the other week where they talked to a Representative of CIWF and they were introduced as "No other Charity has done more to promote the welfare of livestock, especially Chickens, than CIWF".

I must say that I have found this to be so, they give you regular up-dates keeping you informed of what's going on and ways you can participate (inc. the odd Demo here and there!!).
Plus they have feet under the doors of almost every Department in Government and really have made a difference.

You can register an interest in donating by CLICKING HERE

(Down the Lane does receive something for donations made through this link, but assure you that all is put straight back into CIWF, who I have supported for quite a few years now)

However, the main point of this post is to bring the Shopping Guide to your attention.

Thanks Richard
Last edited by Richard on 30 Nov 2008, 13:28, edited 2 times in total.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome

lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

I am already a memeber (if thats what you call it)
Just recived a letter about pesco and their lack of commitment to stop using battery hens.
Their magazine is brilliant loads of info.
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
wendy

Post by wendy »

Me too
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Interesting.

Of course the places which do the best welfare are not the shops I pass regularly, so more petrol use and pollution.

I agree strongly about the British reared pork. There's more of it about than there seemed to be a year or so back.
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

Me too (f+

I joined a while ago as it is one of the few that have been going since I was young.
I remember watching the demos on live exports when I was a teenager so a fiver a month doesn't seem much.
Jackie xx
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I agree, established well. I believe you can pay from £3 per month upwards or give a one off donation.

Mo,

Agreed, the locality of places is difficult. It's like there's a famous Sausage makers in a fairly rural position just outside Chichester in West Sussex.
So if you live in Chichester itself, or within a few miles the other side, it is cost of petrol plus the pollution attached to it.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I'm moving this to the new category. It's worth reading or rereading.

I'm surprised how many people on here didn't realise that British reared pork had higher welfare standards than the EU minimum.
If caring people like us don't know, what chance is there for the general public.

So this new category is our chance to educate each other.