Pointless

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Mo
Legendary Laner

Pointless

Post by Mo »

Does anyone else watch it?
I'm often amazed at the low scores of some of the obvious (to an oldie like me) answers.
Today I was watching a recorded episode and I was doubly amazed. 1) at the low score of the loser 6 points (possible points 200 - highest score loses) and second at a coincidence. The round was 'name an American baseball or football team place' 5 people named towns they could actually name the teams for. I was thinking - 'no use saying a big place whose teams I've heard of, think of a random place … Milwaukee' the 6th contestant also guessed, the same town. How unlikely is that?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Pointless

Post by albertajune »

I watch it sometimes. Do agree with what you say about the points and as you say sometimes to do with age. I hate it when at the final, the score goes down to 1 }hairout{
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Pointless

Post by Mo »

Must be really annoying to get a low score but not pointless in the final, or be knocked out on 6 in round 2 - wonder if that is the lowest ever?
I record it and fast forward past all the chitchat and loud noises. Richard does make some stupid comments, mixed with his factual information. It annoys me, as it does if I happen to have the car radio on and hear the News Quiz - in that I think the contestants should make the jokes and the compere give the facts, not confuse us with rubbish.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire