Cleaning Up

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Cleaning Up

Post by albertajune »

Is anyone watching the new serial Cleaning Up? I have started watching it but feel that the story has been condensed too much. The acting from all the cast is great, especially Sheridan Smith who really lives the part of the addict gambler. I would like to see more of the plotting that comes before the action, if that makes sense.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Re: Cleaning Up

Post by KathJ »

Hi June, yes I watched the first one and thought it was really good. I was going to watch the second one tonight but it's been slated on the internet so it's put me off a bit but I'll still give it a go I think although it might turn out to be a bit predictable. I really like Sheridan Smith though, she's really good in everything I've seen her in.
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Not watching it, but Sheridan Smith is so very talented.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Getting good now, real cliff hanger after the last episode )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I've been watching it on ITV Hub (catchup). Sheridan's character is believable, good acting, but the story is a bit far fetched. The end of the third one left me thinking wow, that's a turn up for the book, what's going to happen next. The plot thickens, some twists and turns I think.

ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I've just watched episode 4, getting a bit lost with the plot now. Some of the speech is not very clear, a lot of muttering. Yes I have a hearing problem but I have the volume turned up, and it's still a bit muffled. I shall watch it to the end as I want to see how Sam ends up, will she be rich or will she sink even lower into the depths of debt.

ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

i am finding it watchable but have no sympathy for Sam, i am just worried her lovely honest friend is going to end up in trouble as Sam's lodger gave her a listening device he had made for her and i bet when they get caught it will be found in her flat
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I do feel a bit sorry for Sam as she's obviously got 'problems'!! Now she's had to give away her share to the debt collectors she's back at square one so that only means she'll have to get in even deeper!
Kath xx

Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I know it's only a story, but there are thousands of people in the same predicament as Sam, they regularly post on the MSE forum. Addiction of anything is a cruel, soul destroying, illness. Many of them are in denial, as Sam is, and only ask for help when they reach rock bottom, when they have lost their jobs, their houses, their friends, and their families.

I hope Sam's story has a happy outcome, as it might inspire others to seek help. If it goes tragically the other way it still might inspire people to think about their own situation.

If anyone has problems with paying their debts, for whatever reason, please don't suffer alone. Stepchange is a charity which will go through everything with you. They will contact the people you owe money to. They will negotiate affordable payment plans.

Sam first has to go to Gamblers Anon to tackle the cause, if she doesn't do that, she will continue to spiral downwards.

ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Yep but his is an entertainment show not a documentary where i would feel sympathy for Sam.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Oh my, just when you think things can't get any worse. One more to go, and it's anybody's guess as to how it will finish. I can see a sad ending, but I really hope Sam has some good luck.

ilona