X factor

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Pingu
Longlasting Laner

X factor

Post by Pingu »

starts this Saturday at 7:30pm. Anyone going to be watching it?
Animals are my life.
Mad Chick

Re: X factor

Post by Mad Chick »

Every year I watch the auditions as they are so funny and I always think I won't bother watching the rest as it's always middle-of-the-road pretty pop - but I always get sucked in and end up watching the lot )j;
I wish they'd do something similar for bands that can actually write their own music and play an instrument )t'

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

In truth I’d rather rub Jalapeños in my eyes and scrub my nether regions with stinging nettles. But thanks for the warning anyway. At least those that way inclined can start pre- booking the Christmas number one (although they won’t know what song they are buying or who will be singing it until after they have parted with money).
it's a bit like opportunity knocks (for those who remember it) with mass hysteria and millions of pounds to be made out of text votes.
Bah Humbug
perchy

Post by perchy »

I don't like it either, it's all sob stories and wonderful endings for the girl or boy up or down the road, cannot believe so many people get sucked into watching and voting for it, I certainly won't be watching such drivel )dwn:

+pinn+
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I think it is absolute rubbish too and I wouldn't degrade myself by watching it.

+pinn+
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
BekiB
Lively Laner

Post by BekiB »

I had no idea it was so soon! I must find myself a hobby before Saturday - every year I swear I won't be watching it and then when there's nothing else on I also end up watching the auditions and then inevitably get sucked in.... :oops: The only real winner is Mr C. In my defence however, I never take part in the voting!
BekiB
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

It was only a few weeks back when I was essentially exiled from the front room between the six and ten o’clock news, it was soap and cow-hell solidly in between these times. I really can’t believe that this is back on again so soon, it is only August, am I to assume that this is going to drag on until Christmas? {cry}
Bah Humbug
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Oh goody I do hope there is another act just like dead wood. +pinn+
I am so pleased I will be well on my way to another country when its on. )c(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

If anyone isn't interested in X Factor you need to invest in a shed, blokes have sheds for all sorts of reasons :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Greta I have six not including the one my chooks live in. )grin2(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
wendy

Post by wendy »

No !
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Pingu
Longlasting Laner

Post by Pingu »

Okay I think I've got the message not many people choose to watch it
Animals are my life.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

I like it :oops: but I was a singer in pubs so thats the only reason why :oops:
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

I watch it to drool over SC!!!!!! OK folks if you want me to leave the board I will........
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

If folk want to watch it then that is their choice, to my mind quality dramas and documentaries have been forced aside to make way for the never ending procession of phone vote talent shows. There isn’t much between them. They have all got a panel of celebs having well timed and well rehearsed fall outs to keep the blanket media coverage (need it for the phone vote revenue). They’ve all got the audition stage where we can laugh at the appalling hopefuls but then be awed by the odd one (just when they thought that there wasn’t going to be any talent in that area) who can actually sing and has had a suitably rough time in their life (cue dramatic music). Then there’s seemingly month long finals stages, when the vacuous masses are encouraged every five minutes to text in their vote whilst the hopeful contestants plead for your vote (whilst carefully edited snippets of their life are paraded to suitable heart warming music to prove how much they have fought against the odds to be there).
What else in our society will force normally sane folk to pre order a product that they don’t actually know what it’s going to be than the winning song from idle pop?
Bah Humbug