heroes

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

heroes

Post by Annie »

Last night watched David J talking about the Battle of Britain and conversing with a few amazing people who were involved in the operation , incredible . So carrying on the theme turned over for a concert for heroes, what a disappointment. Were these the best acts to honour our servicemen and women , one singer after another who you coul dnt tell apart and less than funny comedians to compere . I except that there may be a bit of a generation gap showing here but surely there is more talent out there. As for RW doing his best buddy act with GB does anyone care and was it appropriate , the show wasnt about him after all.Hope it raised lots of money for the service personnel who need it, the clips showing the courage and determination of these young soldiers made me realise that the B.O.B. spirit is still alive .
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Re: heroes

Post by Grannyof4 »

I watched the concert last night as trying to spot my daughter. Sadly as regards the "comedians" it is a generation gap. I just don't find them funny. I also think it is about time Brucie hung up his boots and from SCD as well. Don't knock RW and GB they were the big attraction for thousand and thousands. That is the reason my daughter and her friends went. My daughter wasn't impressed with alot of the singing acts either.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

One of my blogger friends was at that concert last night, she loved it. Her son is one of those heroes, and he has been fundraising for the charity. They had special tickets. If you want to read her report please look here
Jane's blog

Ilona
wendy

Post by wendy »

I didn't watch it either. But I hope they made lots of money for Help the Heroes.
Our particular hero [son in law] is still out there and will be back November.
We all can't wait.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning