RICHAAARRRDDD!!!!

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

RICHAAARRRDDD!!!!

Post by ma larkin »

I have re posted this form the other thread Richard so that you don't miss it!!! Put BBc1 on quick! You will love it :-D

Richard wrote:
I always watch the Last Night of the Proms......

Pro's
Wonderful music, patriotic, good humoured and 'feel good', I love it

Cons
You can bet your bottom dollar that the day after is cold, damp and Summer ends !

On the other matter, you will note I have remained completely neutral and said nothing about the programme !
I did however write a Blog article a long time ago suggesting they had a Seniors version. these young ones seem to think they are the only ones who get up to no good!!

Vive la difference!

OMG! Richard you won't believe this, but right now on BBc1 there is a programme on called 'The Young Ones' about a group of 60 something plus celebrities living in a 1970's house! Including Dickie Bird (a crickety type person apparently) and Lionel Blair!! You HAVE to watch it!! Your BB dreams have just come true
Ma Larkin
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: RICHAAARRRDDD!!!!

Post by Annie »

we watched it last night with my old mum(93) who would put all of them to shame physically and mentally. She refused to have it on tonight as she said they were all too depressing !!!!!!!!!!!
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
wendy

Post by wendy »

Just watched the two programs.
Never give up doing things........ no matter how old. I bet it made your Mum depressed. Made me as well.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Ah, I missed it I'm afraid but did see it was on. I shall catch up tomorrow on iPlayer, sounds good!

Dicky Bird, the Yorkshire Umpiring Legend, surely you've heard of him - a real character. Met him a couple of times, completely scatty, very nervous but a great Cricket Man.

Will watch it for certain.

Thanks, Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

Dickie Bird was a legend as a cricket umpire. I remember his last Test Match, it was very moving....must have been back mid 90's but I am sure you will know Richard. My late husband was a cricket fanatic both playing and watching. I wouldn't like to add up how many cricket teas I made over the years.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I saw last night's - missed the first one. It really does go to show that if you don't use it, you lose it. Dickie Bird and Lionel Blair seemed in quite good shape - I enjoyed Dickie showing Derek how to do his exercises!

I know the results are not in yet, but I bet it will show that if you keep pushing yourself it will be well worthwhile - I mean, who wants to be asking someone else to put your socks on?
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker