Call the Midwife

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Maggie1

Call the Midwife

Post by Maggie1 »

I've just seen a trailer for Call the Midwife which is going to be shown later but no date given. I looked it up and there are some stars in it. Vanessa Redgrave, Pamela Ferris, Jennifer Agatter and Miranda. Its all about the midwives in the East End in the 50's.
perchy

Re: Call the Midwife

Post by perchy »

Ooh Maggie that sounds good, I see one born every minute is on for a new series this weds I think, that will be me pushing for an hour {rofwl}
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Its nice to see some jolly good dramas coming on the telly. It will make up for Christmas and New Year. New Year was abominable. Couldn't believe it when I saw football was on. We watched the young James Herriot which we'd taped. That lasted 3 hours and then turned over to Sky News to watch the New Year celebrations so it turned out nice. As we've said in other remarks the telly has been awful for people that don't go out.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I saw the trailer too, it looks great! Think it said January so hopefully not long to wait. The cast looks great and the books it's based on are fantastic )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I read the book whilst on holiday this year - rare for me to read anything but I really enjoyed it, except for the end which I just didn't get. I am currently reading the sequel, 'Shadows of the Workhouse', but have only managed 5 pages since we returned in September.

It is really good, so perhaps I ought to make the effort.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oooh Maggie, I was just saying to Hubbly last night how I'm looking forward to this coming on, didn't see the trailer, but it said so in my 'Glamour' magazine (I won a years free subscription )t' ) where they review tv programmes etc.

Just had a look for you and all I can find is it's on BBC1 in January!

Have read the book - thought it was very good and also another one by Jennifer Worth, can't remember which one but it was very sad.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Benny&Co wrote: didn't see the trailer, but it said so in my 'Glamour' magazine (I won a years free subscription

Is it full of 'Galmour' models? )j;
Bah Humbug
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

saint-spoon wrote:
Benny&Co wrote: didn't see the trailer, but it said so in my 'Glamour' magazine (I won a years free subscription

Is it full of 'Galmour' models? )j;

{rofwl} oh dear, I did wonder if someone might pick up on that!!!!! Didn't see any Galmour models in there Spoony! {rofwl} (not that I'm entirely sure what a Galmour model is {rofwl} )

This is it:
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I see Call the Midwife is on next Sunday BBC1
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Thanks, i'll set the recorder, so nice to have some good tv to look forward to!! )t'
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Cheers Maggie )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Ace, thanks Maggie will look forward to that :-D :-D
Bev x

madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

I shall try to watch )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

this Sunday if anyone forgot...
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

My husband has just told me it's tonight so I have been looking everywhere.... }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com