Call the Midwife

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Re: Call the Midwife

Post by Mercedes »

I didn't bother watching it as the trailer put me off, seemed to be just another boring Sunday night drama. There seems to be very little decent TV on at the weekends lately. Last good thing we watched on a weekend was Merlin )grin2(
Lyn

Post by Benny&Co »

At last I sat down long enough to watch on our Sky +

I really enjoyed it and think everyone plays a good part :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Caught up yesterday, still enjoying it :-D

This week's was a bit sad when Jo died {cry} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I taped it whilst away and watched it last night. Another superb episode. I had previously read her book Shadow of the Workhouse which was the next book she wrote after Call the midwife. The story of the old man was from that book. Can't wait till Sunday now. I don't know how many episodes they have made. I hope its not the usual 4 episodes and leave it hanging for a year, even though I did hear that they were making a new series as its been such a hit.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Hi Maggie, Its such a good series, There are 6 episodes in this series and I too hope they make another one. I have read her books including the last one In the Midst of Life, which, as with the others is excellent. :-D
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Another superb episode tonight. Sundays won't be the same when it finishes.
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

I love it too, shame it clashes a bit with dancing on ice. I have my tv set to turn over from the dancing when CTM starts.

I so enjoy it that I ordered all the books from amazon. i've read the first one and now just starting Shadows.
It'll be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I must admit that I am enjoying the Midwife now. At the beginning I couldn't relate to the slum conditions but I am now being transported back. Especially loved seeing the girls glammed up and the jiving really took me back to the weekly dance that I went to, where jiving was the dance of the day.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Caught up with it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed.

Awww wasn't it sad when Margaret died {cry}

Glad you're enjoying it more June, I loved the bit when the girls were getting ready and the dancing too.

What about Chummy and her beau as well, lovely jubbly {hug}
Bev x

mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Just watched tonights episode , sad and funny as well. I hope they make another series. I don`t think they have deviated from books. I think the acting in it is very good and love Chummy. )t'
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Another terrific episode and as you say not strayed away from the books. Next weeks episode looks good and its the last one.. Thing is when you've read the books you know what's coming like tonight's episode with Peggy and her brother. I think as its so popular they will make more.
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

i need to watch on iplayer we were out tonight so missed it :-D
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Really enjoying it too )t'
BB this could be vital research if you'regoing to do midwifery!! {rofwl}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Yes! i've been watching predicting things to my hubby, and it's scary how often i've been right!!

I start my course in june and i'm so looking forward to it :-D :-D
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

)ot: thats great BB, are you ITU trained? Thats quite a change in direction or have you always fancied it?
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen