Call the Midwife

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Maggie1

Re: Call the Midwife

Post by Maggie1 »

mrs boodles wrote:last episode tonight {cry} but read that 3rd series has been commissioned )app(

And I shall miss it. Never mind I'll have to watch it next Sunday morning
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

My home town (the one I have lived in for the past 27 years) got a mention tonight. )t'
Bah Humbug
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Just watched the last ep, brilliant! lots of {cry} {cry} {cry}
and enough )c( :-D
the books are great too, I've read 2, longing to get the next one
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
grandmaeileen
Longlasting Laner

Post by grandmaeileen »

What a treat! I watched the episode with tears rolling down my face, I thought Chummy wasn't going to make it and even OH had a bit of a lump in his throat!
So glad they're going to make a third series.
Miranda should get an award for her acting, she is fantastic!!
Mother of two, stepmum to two, all grown up and flown the nest. Grandma to Lucy, who's 12 and is my best friend. Two dogs, 6 Gingernut Rangers, and one lovely hubby!

R.I.P. Queenie, Missy,little hen and Edna
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Not 100% sure but think I read she got a television award for best actress last year.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Caught up with the last episode yesterday and like so many of us have said, I just didn't want it to end {cry}

So happy they're doing another series though, yay! :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

I've enjoyed it too - glad its coming back for a 3rd series. Miranda was in work this morning doing stuff for comic relief on breakfast news ... she was hopping around because she'd hurt her knee doing something for comic relief. There were quite a lot of autograph hunters waiting for her outside .. she's very popular. She wasn't as tall as I thought, I mean she is tall but telly always makes people look bigger than in real life.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Watched the last episode last night, sad but lovely, I will miss this series very very much.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

julie62 wrote:I've enjoyed it too - glad its coming back for a 3rd series. Miranda was in work this morning doing stuff for comic relief on breakfast news ... she was hopping around because she'd hurt her knee doing something for comic relief. There were quite a lot of autograph hunters waiting for her outside .. she's very popular. She wasn't as tall as I thought, I mean she is tall but telly always makes people look bigger than in real life.

Ah yeah I heard her on the Chris Evans breakfast show Julie :-D

It struck me how telly makes people look much bigger than what they are when we saw Flavia and Vincent in Midnight Tango - Flavia is tiny and very thin, bless her.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

mrs boodles wrote:Watched the last episode last night, sad but lovely, I will miss this series very very much.

Me too {hug} {hug}

Wonder when it'll be back?
Bev x

Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

New series 19th January hurray
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Can`t wait for it to start, won`t be missing it.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Hoorah!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

thanks, I'll put it on the calendar. I've just ordered the last 2 books, the first 2 were
really great.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Saw the christmas day edition this afternoon under a duvet(nasty cold) throughly enjoyed it )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/