TV chefs, food and cooking programmes

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: TV chefs, food and cooking programmes

Post by mrs boodles »

I can remember Farmhouse Kitchen and got the book. Nobodys mention delia, no one like her? I liked 2 fat ladiies, very naughty cooks, lots of cream and butter and yummy scrummy food.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I used to like Bush Tucker Man on a Sunday morning but often found it hard to find the ingredients in the local supermarket )grin2(
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wow, two pages! :-D

Awwww poor ole Nigella, I don't mind her really.

You're reminding me of heaps more.....

Hairy Bikers, don't mind them. Used to like them lots, but after seeing them live went right off them! We saw them in Coventry MrsB and found it annoying how they were pratting about on bikes on the stage and then didn't make curry for everyone! harrumph! {rofwl}

Loved the two fat Ladies when they were together and I still see Clarissa on Sky channels.

Rick Padstein, I was watching him yesterday on Sky when he's been touring around Thailand, yum yum yum.

Keith Floyd, awesome.

Raymond Blanc, Michel Roux love them too.

HFW, like watching him, especially when he's at the cottage.

Someone else springs to mind - Heston! We forgot Heston! I love watching him, but there's no way I'm so scientific with my cooking.

As for Delia, I used to like her back in the day but can't stand her now I'm afraid!
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
manda

Post by manda »

Mmm...I love everything about food...talking about it, planning it, making it, eating it (obviously)....love experimenting with recipes and then adapting them for our tastes.
I like Hugh FW , Anthony Bourdain (love his food travels), Giada Di Laurentiis, Rachel Ray - I love her casual approach to food, Rachel Khoo , Annabel Langbein, Peta Mathias (Peta is an NZ chef....her Unplugged in Marakesh is fantastic), Al Brown and Steve Logan also NZ chefs who do a great show called Hunger for the Wild.
I loved the Australian version of Masterchef but funnily enough the NZ version less so -the personality of the chefs is just different - still great TV though.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Can anyone watch any of these foody programmes without feeling hungry and/or making food?

I'm just watching Rick Stein's mediterranean series and had to make myself a lovely and very yummy bowl of gambas ajillo (prawns in garlic) )eat( )eat( {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

manda wrote:Mmm...I love everything about food...talking about it, planning it, making it, eating it (obviously)....love experimenting with recipes and then adapting them for our tastes.
I like Hugh FW , Anthony Bourdain (love his food travels), Giada Di Laurentiis, Rachel Ray - I love her casual approach to food, Rachel Khoo , Annabel Langbein, Peta Mathias (Peta is an NZ chef....her Unplugged in Marakesh is fantastic), Al Brown and Steve Logan also NZ chefs who do a great show called Hunger for the Wild.
I loved the Australian version of Masterchef but funnily enough the NZ version less so -the personality of the chefs is just different - still great TV though.

Oooh I like Annabel Langbein too Manda, now one of the judges on NZ Masterchef - the one with the glasses, he's a right snot bag isn't he!
Bev x

wendy

Post by wendy »

I like Jamie and Nigel Slater, but don't watch them that often. Prefer to cook myself.
What beats me as most of the population can't cook. Or that how it seems by the amount of obesity there is and yet these programs are so popular. :?
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

wendy wrote:What beats me as most of the population can't cook. Or that how it seems by the amount of obesity there is and yet these programs are so popular. :?

Yes absolutely Wendy, quite sad really isn't it.

Guess we were quite lucky in that we were always in the kitchen with mum so my brother and I are both very at home in the kitchen.
Bev x

manda

Post by manda »

Benny&Co wrote:Oooh I like Annabel Langbein too Manda, now one of the judges on NZ Masterchef - the one with the glasses, he's a right snot bag isn't he!

Yes!!!!..that's why I'm not so keen on it!!....although I think I called him something else )sh
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Michela Chiappa did a series simply Italian which was really good.
Bah Humbug
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

manda wrote:
Benny&Co wrote:Oooh I like Annabel Langbein too Manda, now one of the judges on NZ Masterchef - the one with the glasses, he's a right snot bag isn't he!

Yes!!!!..that's why I'm not so keen on it!!....although I think I called him something else )sh

{rofwl}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

saint-spoon wrote:Michela Chiappa did a series simply Italian which was really good.

Haven't seen that one as yet MrSpoon, but will look out for it )t'
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh goodness, I caught about a minute of Jamie Oliver yesterday, one of his Christmas programmes.

He really does turn my stomach and make my skin crawl )sh I had to turn him off when he was going on about stuffing something or other up a turkey's **** !!!
Bev x

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I don't usually mind Jamie, but started watching the 15mins Meals program and after 2 episodes, couldn't watch any more. I got fed up with him saying, when tasting his food, "oh my god that is so good" and saying very similar. I also defy anyone to cook a meal in 15mins, unless like Jamie it is either flattened chicken breast sliced, flattened fillet steak or the same with pork fillet. This is usually put on top of some sort of salad and then piled on up on a board after being mixed with his hands. Do people really need to know how to make a meal from ready cooked rice and tinned and bottled goods.
In general I think that TV chefs use their hands too much. I think that by the time the food has been placed carefully, with fingers, onto a plate, it must be stone cold. For goodness sake what is wrong with tongs!!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Quite agree with you June and Bev really gone off Jamie O and think this series is absolute rubbish, put me right off his food, and does he not possess a plate, everything is served on a board. did`nt they used to do that in medieval times. I can`t stand the way chefs use their hands to fiddle around with food, sorry but I don`t think at all hygienic. How does anyone know whether they have washed their hands properly or at all. yike*