Game of Thrones

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Game of Thrones

Post by Sunny B »

My friend had told me this was really good and last night I went to her house to watch an episode or two. It was absolutely riveting and I ended up watching 6 episodes back to back! >dowhat<

I can't wait to go back next week and see some more )t'
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
LisaB

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by LisaB »

I can't decide if I like GoT or not :?
On one hand I think some of the stuff is great, on the other hand, too cringy and vile.

I also get confused with all the similar sounding names and many characters, I've been told I'd never cope reading the books if I find the show confusing! {rofwl}

But, the season two finale had a really good ending, definitely makes me want to watch the next one )t'
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

Winter is Coming.... back on the 31st March )t'
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

We've just got in to Game of Thrones as well - have watched the first series on DVD :-D
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Are you all watching the latest season?

Found the end of last weeks episode made me feel a bit sick.
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

I am all up to date as i watched it last night.

Khaleesi is my absolute favourite character in this next too the Imp!
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I too love Daenerys (Daenerys or Khaleesi?), she was awesome in last night's ep!!

I also like Brienne and the older guy who is with Arya at the moment (can't remember his name in this, and I probably only like him because I loved the actor in Skins {rofwl} )
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

Khaleesi is a Dothraki title referring to the wife of the khal, Daenerys is her name. :)

What season are you on as I am not sure which 'older' person you mean and I don't want to spoil anything by saying the wrong/different person?
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Knikitta wrote:Khaleesi is a Dothraki title referring to the wife of the khal, Daenerys is her name. :)

What season are you on as I am not sure which 'older' person you mean and I don't want to spoil anything by saying the wrong/different person?

Ohh I know, I just didn't know which to refer her by, I suppose either means the same {rofwl}

I'm completely up to date, last watched season 3 ep 4 :) Ooo his name is Gendry!

(I didn't mean older as in old, just she was with the young chubby boy too until the last episode (or the one before?) :-D )
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

LisaB wrote:I also get confused with all the similar sounding names and many characters, I've been told I'd never cope reading the books if I find the show confusing! {rofwl}

A bit like a Stephen King book - so many different characters and lots of different stories going on - I'd often get a bit confused until nearer the end of the book when they would only then start to come together.

I was intrigued with the trailers to start watching from the beginning when the first season began but I wasn't too sure if I was watching drama or p*rn but it is riveting stuff.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

lancashire lass wrote:
LisaB wrote:I also get confused with all the similar sounding names and many characters, I've been told I'd never cope reading the books if I find the show confusing! {rofwl}

A bit like a Stephen King book - so many different characters and lots of different stories going on - I'd often get a bit confused until nearer the end of the book when they would only then start to come together.

I was intrigued with the trailers to start watching from the beginning when the first season began but I wasn't too sure if I was watching drama or p*rn but it is riveting stuff.

I know exactly what you mean. Bit of nudity is fine, but I really don't think the show needs all that, I've heard the book doesn't have all the rude stuff in. I think the show would be a lot better without it.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I wished I had watched this from the start and then hubby heard that it is back in the spring for series 5. They are broadcasting all 4 series on Atlantic so he has taped/is taping them for me and with nothing on the tv this Christmas, GoT is our go to programme! I am loving it so far - we are currently watching Series 1 Episode 9 so there is a long way to go!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell