The Gruffalo

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
saint-spoon

The Gruffalo

Post by saint-spoon »

OK parents of young ones... who secretly loves the gruffalo?
Bah Humbug
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: The Gruffalo

Post by Benny&Co »

I'm not a parent of children MrSpoon and haven't seen Gruffalo, but I love the 'kiddies' movies - Monsters University was fab :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I reccomend the Gruffalo and Room on the broom as the best two short animations (half hour each) ever (according to my kids anyway). :-D
Bah Humbug
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

As a playgroup leader I absolutely love Julia Donaldson's stories. They have got just the right amount of excitement, scariness and humour to keep fidgety midgets still at storytime.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Yes, I enjoy the books that my Grandchildren like.
When my daughter was small there was a splendid picture-book version of Margaret Mahy's 'Lion in the Meadow' which really seemed to say something about children / parents / imagination and magic. Like the Gruffalo - imagination takes on a life of it's own.
If you Google it you find some of the reviewers / blurb writers saying that the Mother doesn't believe the child. That wasn't how I read it. To me the mother was playing along, sharing the fun.

One of the reviewers said the Margaret Mahy had changed the ending. Does anyone know if the ending I read and liked - a bit of a tables turned on adults who usually scold children for 'telling stories' - is the original and what the other one is/was?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

No secret about it, I love the Gruffalo :-D

I don't have little ones but I still watch it when it's on. I was most disappointed when in sainsblogs the other week to see they had Gruffalo dressing up costumes but only in kiddy sizes.
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway