Happy Valley

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
sandy
Legendary Laner

Happy Valley

Post by sandy »

Is anyone watching this? My goodness it is very dark but so well acted you feel totally invovled. Benidorms Mr and Mrs Garvey are in it in such contrasting roles to the comedy.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Happy Valley

Post by jemberelli »

I have them all taped (well, recorded but that doesn't trip off the tongue as easily!). Will have to ask hubby if he wants to watch it and if not I will watch them this week while he is away and I am nursing recuperating pup!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
perchy

Post by perchy »

I have really enjoyed it, and thank you for reminding me where I had seen them before!! It is well acted I think, and I am already wondering what will happen )t'
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I wasn't sure whether to watch it at first because it looked a bit 'dark' but I'm so glad I did. Everyone is playing an excellent part and I haven't got a clue how it's going to go. I thought it would be good though when I saw who the writer was as she's already done some excellent stuff. Can't wait for the next episode.
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Haven't seen them all but watched the last 3 or so episodes and have been really impressed. As you say, very dark subject matter. I think Sarah Lancashire is excellent in. She is such a versatile actress.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

It's one of those where I can't wait for the next episode. I think that Sarah Lancashire shines in it and shows just what a brilliant actress she is.
It is a bit dark but is compelling watching.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Wow! Just caught up on the first 4 episodes - it's fantastic! Gory, gruesome but fabulous well acted and I can't wait for the next episode )app(
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
perchy

Post by perchy »

I really enjoyed it and to be honest Sarah needs an oscar, she is brilliant )t'
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

It's fantastic isn't it? Two more episodes so sure there'll be lots more nail biting moments. Sarah Lancashire is a really good actress and its so well scripted. I was really looking forward to "Prey" but think this is so much better.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

SPOILER ALERTWell that floored me, was convinced Anne was going to be killed, but oh no will Catherine survive, the twists and turns and the anxiety the viewers are having, this really is superb )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

WOW!!! Just caught up with the last two episodes. What amazing series. Excellent writing and excellent acting. Can't wait for the final episode!
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

perchy

Post by perchy »

Phew what a great episode, I am so glad she is reacting like she is after her ordeal, if she had got up brushed herself down etc it would have been so unreal, the emotions she is going through and acting are brilliant, well done to the writers but especially Sarah )t'
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

He is a fantastically chilling nutter too - he makes my flesh crawl. Cant wait for next week - hope nobody else cops it.
Julie

KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Just watched the final episode. What a brilliant series, had me gripped right to the end. The script was brilliant and so was the acting, it said at the end that the first series is available on DVD which makes me think there may be another one coming up! Not sure it can be topped though although Sarah Lancashire was brilliant in the role!
Kath xx

julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

THere are plans to make a second series - dont know where they'd take it though - great series though - will never look at Hebden Bridge in the same light again!
Julie