Is Strictly Come Dancing getting predictable?

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Is Strictly Come Dancing getting predictable?

Post by albertajune »

It is that time again. Strictly is back! I have always enjoyed the program but hope that the producers don't very soon, shoot themselves in the foot, as the saying goes.

We have the token large lady who no one can lift. She will probably be kept in it because she dances well for her size. We also have the bloke who has got no idea about dancing and will not learn a thing because he's got two left feet. He will be kept in it because he is a laugh. I hope this won't be the case, as to keep them in, other dancers who are probably better will be voted off. I get so cross when someone who can't dance stays in and someone who should stay, goes. }hairout{ I also feel sorry for the professionals who
have to partner these no chance winners as they know that they will not be there at the end.

It seems to me that the people who put the show together are looking to see who can fill these places because they think it is what the public wants, instead of finding people who they think will make good competition dancers. Of course at the end of the program it is the viewer who votes but I hope they will remember that it is a dancing competition as well as entertainment.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
perchy

Re: Is Strictly Come Dancing getting predictable?

Post by perchy »

Do you know June, I have been thinking exactly the same and to be honest if I was a professional, I would be dreading getting certain people, that is awful but it is a dancing competition as Len keeps telling us and not a personality contest, having said all that I will still be watching as I love it )t'

I am glad that Bruce has retired, but I personally am not that keen on Claudia :?
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

perchy wrote:
I am glad that Bruce has retired, but I personally am not that keen on Claudia :?

My thoughts exactly but like you look forward to the show.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Ditto, looking forward to it, don't know how new presenters will do, they were okay together for the occasional programme but think one of the is very over the top and may well grate on people after a while
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Totally agree too, not sure we will bother watching it this year as most of the celebrities we haven't even heard of :?
Lyn

Post by barboo »

I totaly agree with all thats been said and add "Bruce is well passed his use by date, his sayings are a really "get on your nerves thing and in fact silly,
As for the two Ladies who've taken over !!!!!!!!!!!!!
One looks like she's falling asleep and the other ones has ~eep~ ~eep~

They should have had Paul O grady take over,
And why we have to have east-enders actors on every series I just dont know.

Whats the next fading program to look forward too "Im A celeb" Same old "now eat your worms & scream a Lot.
The tele's really getting in a bad state with all these predictable programs,
And they're saying the X-factor has high ratings "I wonder why" >shrug<
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I found the start last evening disappointing. I didn't like all the silliness at the start as it seems to going the X-factor way. So much time wasting.

As for the very large lady, is it coincidence that she is partnered with last years winner! I am not being detrimental at her being big, I'm a bit hefty myself, but how can she compete with lifts etc. When a dance calls for a lift she will probably lift him and get round it that way.

I'm not sure about the presenters, time will tell. I would like a man to have taken over the presenting lead.

I will carry on watching because I love the dancing. It takes me back to when I could do some of it myself. Memories :-D
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I'm gutted that James, Robin and Artem are not in it this year {cry}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Don't think I'll bother watching again this year as I've never heard of most of them. I really enjoyed the first few series even though I had to record it so I could fast foward Brucie >dum< I really like him but he wasn't good reading off the autocue, he's so much more entertaining when he's 'off the cuff' {rofwl} I can't be doing with Tess either, there's something about her that I find quite irritating. Shame really because I love the dancing and music but to be honest I think it's all been done now >shrug<
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sunny B wrote:I'm gutted that James, Robin and Artem are not in it this year {cry}

Sunny I have been watching CBB and I have come to despise James }hairout{
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

Sunny B wrote:I'm gutted that James, Robin and Artem are not in it this year {cry}

Robin is my favourite and if he was in it then I'd probably watch - but after having seen the launch show and realised I spent the entire time moaning about nearly all the contestants, I decided I may not bother this year {rofwl}

Shame, because I've enjoyed it in the past, but I think I'll just concentrate on waiting for Downton )t'
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Well, after enjoying the first few programmes of Strictly this year it all now seems very mechanical. No sparkle, even Halloween programme was a let down, its as though everyone is just going through the motions. Sad about this as used to be a good programme, not sure if will watch any more.