Cilla

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Cilla

Post by KathJ »

I've just caught up with the first two episodes of Cilla. I wouldn't say I was particularly a Cilla fan but Sheridan Smith is magnificent in the role and manages to come across very convincingly with certain Cilla mannerisms without being an impersonator. I knew she was a good actress but what a singing voice she's got as well? She definitely deserves some sort of award for her performance )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Cilia

Post by kate egg »

I completely agree with you, good quality drama at last on TV! Sheridan Smith is a very good actress and carries the part perfectly :-D
wendy

Re: Cilla

Post by wendy »

She was on 'Who do you think you' are recently and she was a singer.
Both her parents are professional singers as well.
Not seen the program yet. But I have recorded it.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

I am not a Cilla fan either, quite the opposite, but I am quite enjoying the series too. Could it be an age thing? I agree Seridan is amazing, very versatile.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

I've been watching it too and I think Sheridan Smith is just brilliant and like most of you I also don't like Cilla, wonder why we all dislike her so much :?
Lyn
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I think the thing that gets me most about the real Cilla is her awful accent, I am sure she exagerates it and it just gets on your nerves! Plus I don't like the way she sings.... Not really got a lot going for her but she has made a good living out of it :?
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Sheridan Smith is such a talented actress but this is one that I haven't watched. Not many people annoy me but Cilla is one of those that does and for that reason it was a no no, even though she wasn't in it. Sorry!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have always been a big fan of Cilla, copied her hairstyle and her fashions in the sixties. Sheridan is making a brilliant job of portraying her, loving the show and looking forward to the last episode.
Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Very disappointed in the first episode, but thought the second much better. Agree, Sheridan Smith is amazing, but like some of you, I have never been a Cilla fan.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I'm another one who is not a fan of Cilla but I have taped 'Cilla' and am looking forward to watching them only due to the fact that Sheridan Smith is in them - she is fantastic in every role she undertakes and I am sure she will do this one justice as well.
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
wendy

Post by wendy »

I also wasn't keen on her either. But Spencer liked her and had been to see her live, before he met me.
Haven't watched it yet.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning