Hobbitses!

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Hobbitses!

Post by jemberelli »

I am soo excited! In about an hour I am leaving hubby and the dog to their own devices and going to the local cinema to watch the last of the Hobbit films. I will enjoy an evening off with my 3d glasses balanced on top of my every day glasses and a bag of pic 'n' mix to dip into )pg( Gutted that this is the last one - if I had had chance I would have gone last week when they were showing all 5 previous films back to back- a LOTR marathon! I would have been well and truly geeked out )pty
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Re: Hobbitses!

Post by urbanchicks »

Enjoy! I have not seen any , do you recommend?

Maggie,
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I recommend the Lord of the Rings films. Utterly brilliant.

I haven't seen the Hobbit films as I didn't really like the book so the films haven't appealed. Huge LOTR novels fan though, and I thought the films were great.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I would recommend them but I am a huge fan. I love all of the books and have enjoyed the films - I'm not one to compare then complain that they're not true to the books as i see them as different entities.

I really enjoyed tonight - I laughed, I cried and I was in awe of the special effects. Billy Connolly was great!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
manda

Post by manda »

Middle Earth is a great place ...but then I might be a little biased )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I agree Manda. Middle Earth and the Xenaverse - can't beat it. I love New Zealand. I've spent a bit of time there and would go back in a flash.

But the LOTR books are pretty special too. It's a marriage made in heaven :-D
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I have never been but would love to - the scenery in the films is quite incredible!