Enjoying Michael Portillo's new Railway Journey's ?

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Enjoying Michael Portillo's new Railway Journey's ?

Post by Richard »

Firstly, although I worked on the railway, I am not a geek !!

He could do something with his wardrobe as well, but part and parcel of a character I guess !!
Makes me giggle when he visits a pretty raw factory wearing a pink jacket, then trying to roll a bit of pastry or something - a real townie !!

I do enjoy this series, other than the background music which I wish they'd change.

The nice thing about it is how much you learn from the snips he does along the way.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Enjoying Michael Portillo's new Railway Journey's ?

Post by Spreckly »

He's great, isn't he. As a family we look forward to seeing his outfits. I do, however, wish that he would spend a little longer in some of the places he visits.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I watched a couple of these back to back last night. Interesting when he is visiting the area you know. The Humber Bridge was interesting, I would love to go inside there and look at the cables. He is a very relaxed and easy presenter to watch.
Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

He stopped Margaret Thatcher closing the Seattle line the evening before she was signing it off.

For me, that is his legacy.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome