Mr Turner - Timothy Spall

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Mr Turner - Timothy Spall

Post by Spreckly »

We ordered "Mr Turner" well before last Christmas. OH paints, and he assumed that because Timothy Spall had had two years painting experience before making the film, there would be much more actual painting in it.

The DVD arrived on Monday, and we put it on the same evening. Very disappointing, very disjointed. The best part for me, apart from Timothy Spall, was the house interiors. I love period interiors. After the viewing finished, OH put the DVD back on Am.... on. No takers yet.

I had to go on Wiki to unravel the various characters, wish I've done it before watching, but I don't think our opinion would have been different.
p.penn

Re: Mr Turner - Timothy Spall

Post by p.penn »

That's a bit disappointing for you after your wait. Still, at least you got to see it and form an opinion.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Its so disappointing when you've been looking forward to a film / programme that has been hyped up and then its not as good as expected (Wolf Hall, Casual Vacancy fall into that category, not sure Indian Summer isn't going to go the same way....)

I have Quartet on DVD that was a Christmas present, I'm hoping I'll enjoy it but after reading the reviews :?
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We've watched various films on TV, which have had good reviews. Couldn't believe Mama Mia, such a disappointment. We are very picky!

We did enjoy the first episode of the new series of D I Banks last night.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Spreckly wrote:We've watched various films on TV, which have had good reviews. Couldn't believe Mama Mia, such a disappointment. We are very picky!

I thought it was just me! I really couldn't understand why everyone raved about it, it made me cringe! I've seen it in the West End and loved it though.....
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We have sold Mr Turner on flea bay, so got some of the money back!