Poldark

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Poldark

Post by albertajune »

Did anyone watch the first episode of Poldark? I did see the first one which I thoroughly enjoyed and it does look as though this one is going to be very good.
Lovely to see the Cornish scenery which was so well filmed.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Re: Poldark

Post by p.penn »

I missed it, but will try to catch it on iplayer. I have to say that Robin Ellis will be a hard act to follow for me :?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Only saw odd episodes of the first Poldark. I vaguely remember some of the names, like the Warleggans, however you spell it.

We watched last night, and though there was a lot of galloping about, and some scenes were dimly lit (thought we were going to have a repeat of Jamaica Inn), at least you could understand what the cast were saying. Yes, the scenery was beautiful, and we are looking forward to future episodes.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Looking forward to watching it on catch up later in week.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

p.penn wrote:I missed it, but will try to catch it on iplayer. I have to say that Robin Ellis will be a hard act to follow for me :?

Have you seen it yet? I thought the new Ross Poldark was GORGEOUS!! This is him on the left and me on the right: {hug&kiss}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Scenery, Cornwall, galloping, - sorry I was soooo busy looking at Ross Poldark :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

{rofwl} {rofwl}

He does set the heart a flutter doesn't he +f+ +f+ +f+
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Hmmm just looked at his photo and wouldn't think he was remotely gorgeous, but then I haven't seen him speak or move. I suspect you lot are swooning over his wayward character!! :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

p.penn wrote:Hmmm just looked at his photo and wouldn't think he was remotely gorgeous, but then I haven't seen him speak or move. I suspect you lot are swooning over his wayward character!! :-D

That as well Helen. Being an old girl, I do feel it quite indecent of me to think he is so scrumptious )de: .
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

He was in a thing about some painters a while back, a reasonable actor in that. I am enjoying the new Poldark series, unlike some I am not old enough to remember the original (OK i remember it but I wasn't old enough to be allowed to stay up and watch it.)
thoroughly enjoying this versio though, especially the pretty ginger wench. {hug&kiss} (her on the left)
Bah Humbug
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I've been watching on catch-up, hubby came in and asked what was going on, well nothing much really seems to be happening but it is very easy on the eye, scenery and all :-D
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

What an episode last night!! SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT DONT READ THE FOLLOWING!!!!!!!!

Poldarks ex girlfriend has a baby, young Jimmy the poachers wife has a baby, Ross Poldark has a drink, Cousin Poldark looks moody at Ross Poldark, uncle Poldark has a heart attack/seizure, Ross Poldark tries to talk to the judge at the trial of Jimmy the poacher - and blow me - its old Ross Poldark from the 70's version of Poldark - trying the lad. It doesn't go well - two years hard labour for Jimmy, Ross Poldark has a hissy fit and storms out and goes to the local tavern where that strumpet from last week makes advances, but he sends her packing. Demelza wants to know where Ross is and old Prudie (her who played Heather in Highlander) says he won't be back tonight (cos he'll be out having fun). Demelza is nosey and finds a frock and then tries it on, Ross Poldark comes home and well.......... I'll go no further. Next thing he's stripped to the waist cutting something (hay, grass, corn, weeds - whatever - wasn't looking that closely at the background - in a field. Poldarks ex girlfriend comes visiting him, goes home, Demelza does a bunk, Ross Poldark chases after her ....... next week they are getting married......................... Crikey :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Another series being recorded, never got to see the original as sunday was cinema night and no such thing as a vcr! I see it has the lovely vampire from Being Human and a LOTR dwarf in the title role then.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/