The Canal Programmes

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

The Canal Programmes

Post by Richard »

You have...

[center]John Sargeant (Barging round Britain)

and

Timothy West & Prunella Scales (Great Canal Journeys)
[/center]

For me, the latter is the most esceptional.
John Sargeants is great for viewing the canal landscape but a bit full of 'let's have a laugh and watch John do it' for me.

Whereas Timmy and Pru :-D have really brought a romantic touch to their series, lovely couple obviously still completely attached remembering their Barge Holidays for the last 40 years or so and meeting friends, family along the way.

I thought this evenings programme was brilliant. I didn't think I'd like a barge through London, but the scene where they visit the Cemetery, remember some heroes, some friends and speak about their own feelings was quite touching.
Considering she has a form of dementia, she holds it all well doesn't she.

Lovely programme, any one else following it?

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: The Canal Programmes

Post by Spreckly »

Oh dear, we missed it. Normally I ring anything worth watching in our cheapie TV times. Loved their first series.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Last night's was the second of three new ones spreckers.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I looked in the TV guide, and the West/Scales one was on at 8pm on Sunday night. We've missed both of them.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Managed to see the second West/Scales programme on catchup. So interesting, and how brave at their age to go through London at times in the dark!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I thought the same as you with John Sergeant's programme, watched one but didn't bother with any more. Haven't seen this new series with Tim and Prue yet but have recorded it and looking forward to watching it :-D
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I've seen a couple of John Seargent's programmes, nice scenery and he meets intersting people, but he is a bit silly with his flippant comments and mutterings.

Much better is Tim and Pru. I watched the round London trip, it was delightful. How lovely is Pru, she is so sweet, and their narrations are so perfectly spoken. They make a perfect team for this sort of programme. Watch it on catchup if you have missed it on the TV.
Ilona
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Just watched the first two episodes of Great Canal Journeys with Prunella Scales and Timothy West on catch up. Lovely programmes, a real joy to watch, going to save the third episode to for later on in the week.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Nice watching the new series Timothy and Pru are doing.

The second one this week was the Rochdale - staggering scenery and so nice to see what they've done to Hebden Bridge.

Wonderful!

Richard )t'