Carry on weekend

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
sandy
Legendary Laner

Carry on weekend

Post by sandy »

I do love those films, I did not enjoy the later ones, Emmanuel and England but love the Screaming,Camping,Cruising and Matron among others. I really enjoyed the Carry on Forever documentaries with the fascinating scrapbooks revealed for the first time. I had a huge crush on Kenneth Connor when I was a teenager :oops: I did shed a tear on the last of the documentaries with all those lost actors. I always wanted to be Joan Sims when I was young, I was delighted to see her in A mur.der is Announced as Murgatroyd years later. When Bernard Bresslaw was in theatre in Bristol my friends Auntie got his autograph for me, she said she had never met such a lovely kind and humble actor before, and she had worked at the Hippodrome for years. Well done ITV3 only problem was the weather was too nice to sit and watch in the daytime.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
manda

Re: Carry on weekend

Post by manda »

I agree with you Sandy...loved the Carry On Films....so many to love but Screaming is the one that always comes to mind first.

There are some of the full films on You Tube if you need a fix now and again....just put in Carry On films and they come up :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

it'd be easier to list the ones that I didn't find as funny or enjoy. Camping is probably my favorite.
Bah Humbug
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Loved them, wouldn't dare make them now would they, not politically correct. Loved Sid James , that laugh and who could forget Kenneth Williams.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I met Sid James briefly when I was a very young and unconfident 'Tiller Girl' look alike as part of a welcome for him and others to the opening of the then new Kingswest centre in Brighton. He absolutely made my day when he came up to me and said 'Corrrrr'!!!!

As for the films, yes, they were fun.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Yeap, them and the Doctor films, classic British Cinema.

As they say 'they don't make them like that anymore'.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome